• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bought Lightroom 5 online from Best Buy. When I enter the redemption code, I get an error stating "Oops! This code doesn't seem to be active. Please contact the retailer or enter a different code." I contacted Best Buy; they indicate the code has been

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought Lightroom 5 online from Best Buy.  When I enter the redemption code, I get an error stating "Oops! This code doesn't seem to be active.  Please contact the retailer or enter a different code."  I contacted Best Buy; they indicate the code has been validated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

make sure you're not confusing common look-alikes (eg, 1 and l, or 0 and o).  then go to their store with your redemption code, sign in to adobe.com using one of their store computers and show them what you're doing to redeem your code.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you're not confusing common look-alikes (eg, 1 and l, or 0 and o).  then go to their store with your redemption code, sign in to adobe.com using one of their store computers and show them what you're doing to redeem your code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message as royd.  I bought Adobe Acrobat Pro online at Office Depot.  I picked up curbside but they said they don't have a way to activate it because I bought it online.  Office Depot is still trying to figure it out.  They even tried to do a 'return' and repurchase in store but the system won't let them return the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what version of acrobat pro did you purchase?  did you purchase a subscription or a one-time serial number activated product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One-time serial # purchase.   Office Depot just got back to me.  Their work around was to figure out a way to refund me the purchase and repurchase it 'in-store' because the scan at the register to purchase the software is what activates it.   There's no mechanism in 'on-line' purchases that activates it.  Crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just purchase Acrobat Pro directly from Adobe?  No redemption codes or serial numbers required.  All you need is your Adobe log-in ID (email) and password.

FREE Acrobat Reader -- view, comment & sign PDF.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

Paid Acrobat Pro DC -- the complete solution for creating, printing & saving PDF. Includes desktop & mobile apps.
https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy Oshea.....  If you buy at Office Depot, they give you 5% of purchase price in rewards which is like store credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy Oshea.....  If you buy at Office Depot, they give you 5% of purchase price in rewards which is like store credit.

By @Barbara26767401jmc8

==========

I understand.  Was in a similar situation recently with TurboTax which we needed right away to complete our 2020 taxes.  With Staples rewards, we could get it cheaper.  BUT, when the software failed to download & activate on my husband's machine, I ended up in a rabbit hole that could have been avoided if we'd purchased directly from TurboTax.

Long story short, buy digital software direct from the maker if you can.  Use your office supply rewards for tangible goods like paper, ink and pens.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Barbara26767401jmc8 so everything is fixed now now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry if I wasn't clear in my last post.  Lesson learned... don't buy software online....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's hard to judge (because we don't hear about non-problems), but we hear about a lot of problems from people that buy adobe software from non-adobe sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines