Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser authentication hangs installer

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1440 - 12-Column-Grid-CC-Overview.jpg

I've tried several apps and the main Creative Cloud installer (I have the all apps plan) and it hangs here every time. I get taken to the browser window (in Chrome, regardless of my default browser settings) and it says:

clipboard_image_1.png

But the installer does not proceed. If I click on "If your browser is not responding, sign in here" nothing happens. I've uninstalled, tried again, then used the Adobe CC cleaner tool and removed everything, tried again, I've gone into the registry and deleted all Adobe keys, I've run as admin and as not, I've restarted and tried installing in Safe Mode with networking. Same results. I've also tried signing out before being taken to the browser, then signing in, then getting the "You're all set!" screen again. I've tried doing that with a different account. Nothing has worked.

Prior to this I had only Photoshop installed, and it worked fine. The issue started when I switched to the 'all apps' plan and tried to install acrobat. The installer hung 1/2 way through the Acrobat install. I quit, tried again, and got the above. Then tried all the steps I mention above. I also tried installing other apps, which is why the screengrab above shows my attempt to install XD.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the instllation from Adobe Creative Cloud app hangs? 

Screenshot :

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get to that point, that's the problem. It stops the process at the authentication screen I posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If installed , uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app.

Navigate to C:>Programfiles(x86)>Adobe .

Open Adobe folder and if listed delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder.

Download and install Adobe Creative Cloud desktop :

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your trying to help, but please see my original post. I've deleted everything possible from my previous install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. That link you sent crashes at install with an error 72.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/creative-cloud-authenticating-proxies/m-p/4206667#M369253

I can't find the answer that works for me. There are suggested workarounds in the thread.

Post if you find something that works for you, please.

Happy New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue for the past 2 months. I was able to get it to finally install in late december but then replaced the HDD to an SSD due to age of the drive. Once again having the issue. The last time I was able to get it to actually pass tha authentication page when i removed all other sign ins.... Unfortunately i dont remember how I did that. I have a fresh drive so obviously adobe cc software has not touched this one ergo there is no software to delete for it. Will post more as I find more information but I am also having this issue and have had it on 2 other devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue when trying to install Adobe apps on a new computer. I found the solution in my case: Installing JavaScript and enable it in Internet Explorer.

As I understand it now, Internet Explorer is used in Windows 10 to adjust some kind of global settings for web browsing. I am using Mozilla Firefox mostly, so I was suprised to learn that enabling JavaScript in Firefox is not enough. Also, on my new computer I hadn't even installed Java Runtime Environment, which seems necessary to be able to run scripts.

To summarize what I had to do:

1. Install Java

2. Open Internet Explorer and enable active scripting

3. Enable JavaScript in my default web browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see jasons24923063 already answered the same thing in the copy of this thread: Installer hangs on browser authentication

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not seam to be a solution to Xd!

Applies to: Creative Suite
December 1, 2016

To add it says current Firefox browsers (from 2016!!!) do not need that work around.

Quote from https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/browser-authentication-hangs-installer/m-p/11038752#M4626...:
Also, on my new computer I hadn't even installed Java Runtime Environment, which seems necessary to be able to run scripts.
Java and JavaScript are 2 different things and are not related to each other, except the name. At the time Netscape developed the scripting language for their browser, they found it cool to ride the Java wave. https://www.thesoftwareguild.com/faq/difference-between-java-and-javascript/
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah,but still there are a lot of discussions on what is better:Java or Javascript. 

Applying the above conclusions to Javascript, we will find that users would prefer to create a user interface in Javascript, rather than in Java. Javascript functional design, namely, a single-threaded non-blocking event cycle model, as well as embedded data structures, would allow the user to interact with the user qualitatively and deal with many parallel controls while writing minimal code. It is also possible to be done in Java, but the code will then be more cumbersome.

JavaScript can be managed almost single-handedly to destroy Java applets, Silverlight, and the Adobe Shockwave / Flash multimedia platform. At the moment, to work in the browser, JavaScript is most often used. So if we are talking about code, running in a web browser, that runs on a phone, tablet, laptop, or PC, then yes, JavaScript has destroyed Java.

according to Will JavaScript take Java's place in web and software development?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a fresh Windows Server 2016 install and this happened. I had to install Google Chrome and disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines