• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Building a new computer and want to be able to reinstall my CS5 Production Suite on the new system

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm building a new computer system and wanted to make sure I could reinstall my CS5 Production Suite on the new system. I have all my DVD's and my key codes, do I have to do anything so Adobe doesn't think I am installing it on a second PC ?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

you're welcome. (and enjoy your new computer.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't prevent the installer from recognizing the new computer is different from your older computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that, I don't think you understood my question. Knowing that the Adobe installer will know it is a new computer, how do I let it know I am installing my product on a new computer I am building and not installing it on an additional computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are installing (and presumably activating) it on an additional computer.  you are limited to two concurrent activations.

if you don't intend to use your cs5 on an older computer, deactivate (help>deactivate) it before uninstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I only have Photoshop 64 bit installed on my current system, I did have all the other programs installed but uninstalled them. If I do as you said (help>deactivate) will that only deactivate Photoshop ? is so how can I deactivate the whole suite so I can install on the new system? I only plan to use the suite on one computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you deactivate one app, you deactivate then all. ie, deactivating ps will deactivate cs5 (on that computer).  leaving ps activated is the same as having the entire cs5 activated (even though nothing other than ps is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much,  Just to make sure I understood you. If I deactivate PS it will deactivate the CS5 suite and I will be able to install the suite and activate with my product DVD's and key codes? on the new computer I am building.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, you can activate on 2 computers. deactivating ps on your current computer (assuming it's the only computer on which your cs5 is activated) will preserve your 2 concurrent activations.

you may have a hurdle installing your cs5 on a new computer. ie, you need a compatible computer aka os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

question about your additional comment "you may have a hurdle installing your cs5 on a new computer. ie, you need a compatible computer aka os."

All hardware is being updated to 12th Gen i7 I will be using my current Windows 10, not going to Win 11 for a while. if the new system will be a much more powerful system than I current have I shouldn't have any issues installing the suite on  it will I? your last comment confused me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hardware's not an issue, and with win10 you probably don't need to use compatibility mode.

and, in general, windows doesn't cause the problems mac os'es cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So with my new build and Window 10 Pro I should be good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome. (and enjoy your new computer.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines