• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I change the location of the installation and more to a external Disc?

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetigns for all!! 

I have a little space in my hard disc. So I would like to know if is posible to change the location of the installation to a External Disc from the window that I add in the picture 1.  

Or what is the best way to save space on my hard drive with Adobe? 

Thank you so much for your help

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

if you install another internal drive to your computer, your c drive is still too small to do much with adobe programs. ie, while you can install your adobe programs on another internal drive, each installed program (and the cc desktop app itself) will consume 1 to 5 gb on the c drive.  that's about 10-15 gb for the cc app and just 2 adobe apps.

ie, you need to replace your c drive, and unless that new drive is, at least, 500gb, you should also add another internal drive, at least, as large. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Thanks a lot for your help. I had to format the disk and re-install the same system other time, and I could recovery 200 Gb of free memory in the hard disc. I am so happy now 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe apps cannot be installed on removable media. There's no way around it: You have to get a bigger internal disk or install a second one if you can.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. My disc is 250 Gb, but I work with audio and video and I only have 50 Gb free in this moment, but If is posible to add other disc more, this can be a solution for my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your disk size is still relatively small. Besides having a large primary hard drive, you can have a second drive (even external) for your media. Keeping your programs and projects on different drives is worth doing.

If you get a second internal drive and try install programs on it, you will still need space (can be 4GB+) on the primary drive for the application to install and run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you install another internal drive to your computer, your c drive is still too small to do much with adobe programs. ie, while you can install your adobe programs on another internal drive, each installed program (and the cc desktop app itself) will consume 1 to 5 gb on the c drive.  that's about 10-15 gb for the cc app and just 2 adobe apps.

ie, you need to replace your c drive, and unless that new drive is, at least, 500gb, you should also add another internal drive, at least, as large.  or use another computer that meets those specs and the others needed for effectively use adobe's programs, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry I was a mistake, I have 500 Gb in my hard disck, I was thinking in my macbook. I am formating my hard disc, because I have 365 Gb in my "Other" folder and this is not normal. I hope get more space, once I have formatted the disk. I will let you know what is the final result ❤️ thank you so much!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

and no. you can't install your apps on an external device.  you can save your production files anywhere, even off-compt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your help. I had to format the disk and re-install the same system other time, and I could recovery 200 Gb of free memory in the hard disc. I am so happy now 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome. (and pretty impressive space recovery).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the wrong computer. This is not adequate for running high end design apps. (You can of course keep your media on an external disk).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks friend!! is this possible? can I keep the adobe apps in an external disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks friend!! is this possible? can I keep the adobe apps in an external disc?

By @ROBERMARTIN

No, you need to install the programs on an internal drive. All your data can be kept on an external drive.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines