• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I get monthly membership for just 1 month a few times a year?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't (unfortunately) use Creative Suite products very much at the moment, but I do want to occasionally and get quite high value from them when I do. I would probably like to take out a single month's subscription (and then cancel) to Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign 2-4 times a year in total.

It looks as though I can do this through the month-to-month membership, but I'd be grateful if someone could confirm this is an "approved" (if slightly odd) way of having a Creative Cloud subscription.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

yes, you can do that.

you need to be proactive and cancel in a timely fashion or your month-to-month subscription will automatically renew for the next month.

Manage your Creative Cloud membership

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you can do that.

you need to be proactive and cancel in a timely fashion or your month-to-month subscription will automatically renew for the next month.

Manage your Creative Cloud membership

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to select the monthly plan when you subscribe, NOT the annual plan with monthly payments

Annual vs Monthly https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1926342

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks a lot for your help. Good to know this should work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just cancel it as soon as you sign up for the month (no need to remember to do it the day before it expires). You'll get charged immediately for the following month, and you will have access until current month expires. I do this for all the subscription services when there is one particular series I want to watch but nothing else in the catalogue is of any interest to me. There is nothing "immoral" or "bad etiquette" about this - companies should have an option to just pay for a month and not get auto billed every following month - but they don't because they hope you will forget to cancel. So that you don't forget, just cancel literally immediately after you have paid. It's a perfectly normal and smart thing to do want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should actually not cancel immediately after subscribing.  set a reminder on your mobile (or whatever you will notice) and cancel just before your 1 month anniversary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you get maximum use of the subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that if you pay for month in advance, and then cancel before the end of the month, you don't get to use the month that you already paid for? Are you 100% sure that's true? If so, that's pretty messed up and potentially illegal. No other subscription service I know of works like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@carpetsquare 

my understanding is that a subscription stops as soon as you cancel. i'm confident that's true for annual subscriptions, but i am less confident that's true for monthly subscriptions.

but i'm also confident that for both monthly and annual subscriptions, they auto-renew. eg, the monthly subscription does not end after your monthly payment and monthly usage.  it only ends if (and when) you cancel.  and you cannot cancel on a future date.  that led (and still leads) me to state, your subscription (monthly and annual) both end when you cancel, not at the annual renewal date (for annual subscriptions) and not at the end of x months after paying for x months (for a monthly subscription).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines