• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I reinstall Design Premium CS4 [CS4 activation servers are dead]

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset my computer and my Adobe products have disappeared. I have had this computer and CS4 intalled on it since 2017. I still have the original disks with the activation key. I have read that Adobe no longer wishes to support this program and have retired the servers. Does this mean that I won't be able to get the programs up and running again? I am currently getting an error message that setup can't complete but I think this is because I downloaded the creative cloud app and the free adobe bridge. Is it worthwhile trying to reinstall these disks - a very time consuming process. If not, what are my options? I only use Photoshop.

Sheriden

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheriden,

"Does this mean that I won't be able to get the programs up and running again?"

That is correct. You can no longer use CS4 as the activation servers were old and had to be taken down.

You might want to take a look into the Photoshop Single App plan instead:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"old and had to be taken down"

If this were a small indie company, that might be something that would fly, but to suggest that Adobe of all companies cannot manage to have an activation server up and running is ludicrous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Daniel22380474yydz.,

13 year old software is discontinued and unsupported. 

Had you upgraded to CS6 when you still had the chance, you might be able to activate on an older computer.  But that ship sailed in January 2017 when Adobe discontinued all Creative Suite sales.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines