• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can i still use photoshop without creative cloud?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont want creative cloud at all, I opened task manager to clsoe another program, and creative cloud was open and its using 100-150mb of memory. Why does a program that isnt running need to use that much memory? I tried the uninstaller, and it said that its with another app, which i guess is photoshop. Is there a way to purge creative cloud from my system and keep photoshop?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Creative Cloud is a needed application if you use any of the apps from the suite of applications it offers. You can prevent it from autoloading at boot, see this

However, do note that even after that there will be some services/processes from Adobe that will still be running in the background, there is no way around that. These are helper processes and are needed for things like syncing files, fonts etc among other things.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud is a needed application if you use any of the apps from the suite of applications it offers. You can prevent it from autoloading at boot, see this

However, do note that even after that there will be some services/processes from Adobe that will still be running in the background, there is no way around that. These are helper processes and are needed for things like syncing files, fonts etc among other things.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess my love affair with photoshop since 1.0 is over. That's a 30+ year relationship down the tubes.

I just want the software. I don't need monster tentacles entrenched in my machine slowing down performance. 

Adobe's greed has killed my adoration for this perfect piece of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've had 30 years of Photoshop, then would it be right to say that 10 years of that would have been with Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

:insert eyeroll:

Would you prefer that Adobe just put everything inside Photoshop where you didn't see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines