• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can I upgrade from PS Elements 11 to Elements 2021 on different partitions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 11, from 2013. This is on a partition of my computer that is running an old Mac OS, 10.8.

I would like to upgrade to Photoshop Elements 2021 at the discounted cost, to the newer partition of my computer with OS 10.13.6.

If I pay for the upgrade, how do I get the new software to work on the OS 10.13.6 partition, when the original software purchase is on the older OS 10.8 partition.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same way you would install any program on your 10.13.6 partition

Start your Mac in that partition and install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I understand that, but my concern was that if the OLD version of Elements is on the OLD partition, and I try to buy / download / install the NEW version of Elements on a NEWER partition, will the new software understand that this is a legitimate upgrade? (Since the two partitions on the my one cmputer basically act like two different hard drives.)

Perhaps it has to do with how I find the original license info for the OLD version of Elements 11 I purchsed in 2013?  Can you advise on how I find this?

Thanks SO MUCH in advance.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you buy the upgrade (which is only a price discount-- it's the same software as one not upgraded), you will be prompted during installation to provide the serial number of the version you are upgrading from.

If you buy without the upgrade discount, you don't need the old serial number to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this is very helpful.  If I launch the old software, is there a place where I find the serial number?  I don't have the packaging / disc from 2013 😉

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines