• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access compatible version of Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to access an older version of photoshop for Mac 0S 10.13 High Sierra. I've just purchased a subscription but when I attempt to click 'More Actions' next to Not Compatible in the Creative Cloud app, it just changes to 'Learn More' and I get a page of info about Photoshop and no way to access an older version.  I tried the instructions on the forum and it took me to another webpage which then circled back to where I came from - Creative Cloud.   It shouldn't be so difficult and frustrating to purchase software from a software company. Any advice most appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Please take a look here: https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl

There you'll find the installation files for older versions of Adobe programs.

For 2020/2021 version you have to contact the Adobe support.

Quote from Prodesigntools site

Standalone, complete installers for the CC Desktop app, for Adobe Camera Raw, and for Acrobat DC Pro/Standard are already publicly available – but to date, Adobe has not (yet?) posted the rest of the new Creative Cloud 2020 direct download links. However, good new

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here: https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl

There you'll find the installation files for older versions of Adobe programs.

For 2020/2021 version you have to contact the Adobe support.

Quote from Prodesigntools site

Standalone, complete installers for the CC Desktop app, for Adobe Camera Raw, and for Acrobat DC Pro/Standard are already publicly available – but to date, Adobe has not (yet?) posted the rest of the new Creative Cloud 2020 direct download links. However, good news: you can now actually get them yourself by contacting Customer Service…

Just reach out to Adobe’s Customer Care team via live online chat, and they will immediately give you temporary links to download offline installers for all the 2020 apps that you need.

You simply need to ask. We suggest:

Hello, I need the direct download links (offline installers) for the new 2020 releases of __________. Could you please help me?

You can connect with an agent to get the downloads here. Look for “Contact Us” or “Your contact options…” at the bottom of the page, or the Chat icon at the lower right. If asked, choose the “Download & Install” category.

AxelMatt_0-1644219765501.png

We have been told that all Adobe customer service reps across all locations have both the ability and authorization to distribute the new 2020 standalone installers, which they can now access through their internal version repository. This is confirmed by the company on their official Help page here: “For access to direct downloads, contact Adobe Customer Care.” We recommend requesting a supervisor if you run into any difficulty.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Axel, sorry that's the link I already tried.  As I'm in Australia it diverts to Adobe Cloud and then I'm back to square one with a message saying "Sorry, Photoshop won't run on your OS. To continue you'll have to upgrade."  I've tried the virtual assistant and I can't get any assistance.  The instructions say to select the drop down menu in the creative cloud app next to the program you wish to install but when I click on and around 'More actions' nothing happens....

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 8.29.18 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you tried - if you follow the link it should take you to

https://prodesigntools.com/creative-cloud-2020-direct-download-links.html

which in turn tells you 3 downloads that are available and for the others link you to Adobe Customer Care to ask them for a download. If you are lucky enough to get it, be sure to keep the download safe (not just on your computer!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thanks, I'm sorry, I was clicking on the 2018 CC thinking it was in there and that kept me circling back to CC. I've found the photoshop download now thanks to your help.  cheers, Helen

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 11.12.27 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, Creative Cloud 2018 or 2019 both work well on High Sierra:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

CC 2020 was the last release to support High Sierra – but to get those direct download links, you have to follow the instructions that @AxelMatt gave above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines