• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change/cancel plan or account or contact support

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm writing here as pretty much a last resort, I'm at wits end, so to speak. Some months ago I noticed Adobe has suddenly started charging a lot more than it used to, without giving me any warning they would do so. I figured that since I don't use all the apps, I could just as well change to just sub to Photoshop instead and get the whole thing cheaper.

So I tried to do that, but no chance. My account won't let me change my plan. It won't let me cancel my plan, it won't let me cancel my account. I am completely locked out of doing any changes to my account whatsoever, and this is very frustrating with a tiny child in the house and tight finances and an Adobe account that blleds money without me being allowed to do anything about it.

I've tried to contact support. Or rather, tried to find otu how to contact support, but all I get every single time I click on a link that says something resembling "contact us" is sent to the help center main page. Nothing works. I am completely locked out, and I'm stuck with a sense of resignation, anger and frustration. What do I have o do here? Cancel my credit card?

I am honestly in shock over how this is even possible. Is it even legal? I have experiences with a few other subscription services, and every single one allows you to pause and or change things very easily. And if you need to, support is just a mousclick away.

But not Adobe.

So II'm writing here in hopes that someone with the power to change my account can give me the access to being able to change plans, and if not, just delete my account entirely.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, When you 'click to agree' to the subscription terms while buying a subscription, that means that you really do need to read BEFORE you buy a subscription... https://www.adobe.com/misc/subscription_terms.html

-LOTS of screen pics of the terms https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2589217 in reply #4

Second, This is a public forum, not Adobe support... other users are not able to help you cancel

To Cancel https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-creative-cloud-subscription.html

-or Chat link

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the Covid virus, so wait times are long
You MUST make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
You MUST also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
- or by telephone https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html
- or Twitter tweet @AdobeCare
Adobe does NOT do support by email, so beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read the terms, and have been a subscriber for far more than a year, but thanks for the insinuation.

I don't think you fully understand my problem. There was a price hike, without warning. I have no control over my plan or my account. Even if I should be on a sub agreement, I should still have the option to cancel, even if that adds extra fees.

And your links to support just sends me to the help page hub. Like I said in my first post.

As I said initially in my post, this is a last resort. I've tried everything I can think of outside of going to these forums (which Adobe themselves keep pushing me towards through their abysmal customer support), so what exactly am I supposed to do? I have no illusions ordinary users will be able to help in any other fashion than to possibly point me in a direction I haven't thought about.

But the frail hope that someone who actually works for Adobe checks thee forums made me post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log-in to your Adobe account with a good desktop browser like Firefox or Chrome that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers.    NOTE:  If you have an annual plan and you cancel before the 12th month, there is a 50% fee on remaining months of service.

Assuming there is no problem with payment, you should be able to access your account by pressing the Manage Plans button.  See screenshot.   Failing that, click the Contact Adobe link in lower right. When the Chat Bot appears, type Billing Agent and wait for a human  to join your chat session.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fogot to post a link to  the account portal

Adobe Account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem. I want to change my plan but there is no change plan or cancel plan button!! It's very frustrating. I'm also trying to contact with support but nothing works.Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 12.46.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you using?

Did you try using a different browser that accepts cookies and has no script blockers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing exactly the same thing. I wont go into details but I cant alter or delete my plan. Ive sld the Mac that my present plan works on and it wont work on my older Mac. So Im paying for a plan I cant use! So I know how you are feeling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gabrielle24343682nogw 

whoever you sold your mac to cannot (legally) use your subscription.  in addition, you can sign them out of that subscription using any computer with internet access, so they cannot use it, at all.

also, you can continue to use your plan if you own a computer with, at least, intermittent internet access. 

and finally, you can cancel your subscription (though if you have an annual commitment and are cancelling outside the trial period, there is a penalty).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because they can’t sign in to my account I do know the buyers of my
computer can’t use my adobe subscription. What I needed was to be able to
use it with my older Mac. I have found the solution is to use chrome not
safari. Everything I needed worked and the adobe helpline have given me the
downloads that will work with Mac13.10.6. I have to say adobe have been
extremely helpful. They’ve given me the downloads of everything that’s just
a bit earlier than the newest versions . I’ve had problems before with not
being able to download stuff with safari which is why I installed chrome on
someone’s advice. So I would suggest to the person having difficulties ,
just install chrome and everything works like magic. Someone on here
suggested Chrome so I’m grateful to that person as I hadn’t thought of it
before I saw it mentioned on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear all's well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the exact same thing, its insane, I'm going to my bank this week to ask about what I can do because Adobe basically just trapped me in a cycle of endless payments. :'(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Miren28714964ljyr 

contact adobe support.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. What to do about this? I just tried to use thee app for a month to create just one 'Save the Date" picture and I think I'm gonna have to pay almost 300 dollars for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Nivedh28821998wqoy 

contact adobe support and make your case.  adobe's been very accomodating according to many users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines