• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download any apps due to outdated Mac - can I download previous versions?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recently bought the creative suite to primarily use Illustratpr & Premiere Pro. The majority of apps aren't available to use as they aren't compatible with my High Seirra (10.13.6) which my Mac runs off. I added Catalina as a startup disk to try and download it, but the Catalina update is extremely slow on my laptop and will not let me run anything (even just the system settings) smoothly so that is not an option.

Is there a way to download a previous version of Illustrator that will work with High Seirra? I'm sure there must be a way, as it would seem a bit ridiculous if Adobe didn't allow you that option. From my research I see that you can download previous versions of the softwares after you've downloaded the latest one which seems a bit odd.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Take a look here: DDL Articles at ProDesignTools

There you'll found several downloads of older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here: DDL Articles at ProDesignTools

There you'll found several downloads of older versions.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's amazing thank you very much! I managed to get the 2019 version which seems to be runnning perfectly. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-since Adobe does sometimes remove old versions from the server
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm definitely going to do that from now on. I've had similar situations with plugins on Ableton but it was too late by then. Thanks for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For security reasons, Adobe expects customers to use the latest software & operating systems, not more than 2 versions back.

Creative Cloud Desktop App works with these operating systems:

• Windows 11 (64-bit), Windows 10 versions 21H2, 21H1, 20H2, 2004, and 1909 (LTSB branches are not supported;)
  • macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.16 or 10.15 (Catalina).

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

High Sierra is 5 versions behind.  If you can't upgrade, start saving for a new computer to get the most out of your software subscription.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines