• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find InDesign 2020 in CC to install on new MacBook Air

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I just got a new MacBook Air and searching my CC for versions of InDesign 2020. I need it to work together with the publisher app «Wood Wing Studio» which doesn't work on InDesign 2021. But my Creative Cloud only show's me versions to intall from InDesign 16.0 upwards. I also had InDesign 2020 installed on my old MacBook Pro running on Big Sur and had no problems with it. Is there any solution for this? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have your CC Desktop app updated? If not, try updating it and then try. I can see version 15 available for me. See the screenshot

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 11.40.15 AM.png

Do you happen to have the debug version of InDesign installed? If so, make sure you check the versions of the release version as I noticed that the debug version is giving options only from 16 and later.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Yes, i have the latest CC desktop app. What exactly is the debug version of InDesign? I just installed the latest version of InDesign. It informed me that I install the intel based version. But 15. versions of InDesign also weren't listed before I installed any version of InDesign. I had another idea, but not sure, if that works: I still have InDesign 2020 installed on an older MacBook. Is there any possibility to copy it to my new computer? Thank you! Ursina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debug version is a version used by developers. If you don't know about it, then surely you might not be using it. Regarding your query about copying the installed application from another MAC, no it won't work as the files are written at many locations, not just the Applications folder. I would suggest the following now

• Sign out and then Signin into the CC desktop app and see if it helps
  • Reinstall CC Desktop app. For installation follow the steps mentioned here.
  • If nothing mentioned above works then contact support for assistance. For instructions on how to contact support see here.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you. I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an M1 machine? Lots of compatibility issues there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an M1 native version in the works and a beta is already available. You'll find it in the beta section of the CC Desktop app. There is no way that 2020 will be an M1 native application and I also wouldn't count on any of those plugins working on it, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines