• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install photoshop on windows 10 [Error 501]

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed photoshop 2022. It would run, but the next day I could not start it because startup files (photoshop.exe) are not there. I tried to install again but I get an error 501. Adobe said it is trying to access a file that is in use by a different application. It says to open task manager and end the task. But there is no application listed in the error. Microsoft says to use event viewer to check the error log for this and remove the application causing the problem. But there is no error log created that I can find. I tried to uninstall thinking this might be the problem but it is not even listed in my control panel as an installed program and there is no uninstall file. Adobe videos say to delete all adobe folders, but I have several other adobe products. I deleted all photoshop folders. I still can't install and get the 501 error. Any help?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look here: How to resolve Error code 501 for Creative Cloud desktop app (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said I did try this. There is not error log created and no obvious aps in task manager that could be causing the 502 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

We're sorry for the trouble. Would you mind taking a look at this article related to the error you've mentioned?  https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/exit-code-501-creative-cloud.html

Let us know if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the first thing I did. There are no reported aps, just says 501 and nothing in the task manager that relates to adobe. It also does not created an error log, I have used event viewer to look for one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see! Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud desktop application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to uninstal but could not because it was not listed in my control panel and there was no uninstal file in the folder. I watched an adobe video which said to delete all adobe folders. But I have several other adobe programs so I deleted all adobe photoshop folders. None of this made any difference I still get a 501 error when I try to install photoshop. Another suggestion from either Microsoft or Adobe was to instal in safe mode so no aps would cause the 501. This made no difference, still get a 501 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must be an administrative user to uninstall & install software.   Maybe you have a corrupted Windows User Profile.  Have you tried creating a new one with full administrative permissions?

Have you used the latest anti-virus software to scan your system lately?

After installing software, you should restart your computer.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines