• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install the app I paid because of pirated license

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I wasn't very smart, and I also fell for the scam of the "authorized" and "official" Adobe reseller selling used licenses at very low prices.
Now the reseller has sent a notice that he has been banned by Adobe for illegal activity and sent an email inviting everyone to download the final version from a link. Obviously pirated software, with crack.
The installed software, meanwhile, stopped working from Adobe Creative Cloud with the notice "Trial Period Expired".

That's the background story so far.

Now the problem:
I now purchased a regular subscription license for the two software I use (Photoshop and Lightroom) directly on the Adobe site. But in the Adobe Creative Cloud it keeps telling me that the trial period has expired.
If I go to my profile, it is associated with a company profile (that of the used license vendor) with the apps that have been pirated, but I cannot find my two regularly purchased apps.
If I try to exit the company profile, as read somewhere, the option does not exist because it has probably been banned.

In short ... I can't access the software that I paid, this time, directly to Adobe.

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should clean all the pirated software from your computer.  that is no small task and it might be easier to reformat your hard drive and start clean.

bur you might be lucky and more quickly fix the current problem by:

start here - https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

if that fails, proceed to these steps - https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/resolve-trial-and-license-expired-errors.html

if that fails, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html

if those all fail, change your cc language.  eg, try international english

if that fails, change the install location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so you think it's not from the fact that my profile is associated with a "banned" business plan (in fact, you can't download software from the profile) and regularly purchased software doesn't appear instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait a minute.

the pirated software was a perpetually licensed or a subscription?

if a subscription, did you use the same adobe id for the legal subscription?

if perpertually licensed, did you register your license with adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

after reading the last two posters' messages i  encourage you to forego the shortcut method and go directly to reformatting your hard drive (after backing up your data).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hacked software installs malware, to stop Adobe licensing from working. For example, it stops the computer from connecting to Adobe's license server. Nobody knows what else malware does - it could have installed a keylogger to steal your passwords, for example. Wiping the system completely and starting again (which will LOSE ALL YOUR FILES) may be the safest thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A costly mistake.  You've put your entire system at risk for spyware, malware and who knows what else... 

You can try running Adobe Cleaner Tools to remove old software from your system.  It might work.  Also run a thorough and complete scan with the very latest anti-virus and anti-spyware apps.  If you're lucky, they might detect and repair whatever damage was caused by the cracked software.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Failing that, format C: and reinstall your operating system.   😞

Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines