• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't re-activate my CS6

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had CS6 installed on my Mac Pro and used if for years until the computer's power supply failed last week and it went dead. I bought a second, identical Mac Pro, and moved my hard drives into it and am back up and running again.

However, when I start up any CS6 application, up comes the CS6 Adobe Application Manager window asking me to sign in and re-enter the activation code (otherwise it says I'm running it on a trial basis for 30 days). That's no problem, I have the serial number right here, ready to enter. I click on the License This Software button which takes me to the Sign-In Required window.

When I click on Sign In Now, my e-mail address is already filled in for me, so I add the password in the box provided and click Sign In. All that happens is that it goes right back to the Sign-In Required window. 

Again I type in my password, click Sign In, and once again, back we go to the Sign In Now window. Around and around we go in circles, every time, stuck in a loop.

What am I doing wrong? Why won't the Adobe Application Manager move on to the window where I can put in the license key?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a second, identical Mac Pro, and moved my hard drives into it

Unrelated question: out of interest, which operating system are you now running? Not Catalina or Big Sur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John, it's OS 10.11.6  El Capitan.

From what I've read, El Capitan is the last OS that can run CS6 reliably. So I've stayed there.

A few years ago I switched computers like this, by just moving the hard drives over to a new box, and I had no trouble re-registering CS6 then, so I thought it would go as smoothly this time too. No such luck.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines