• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't uninstall Premier Pro because Creative Cloud is not up to date due to lack of space.

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

So i have a Windows 10 laptop and all of a sudden i've run out of disc space. I've tried to delete unused files, softwares, etc. But it doesn't seem to work. 

So finally i've decided to delete a couple of Adobe softwares that i don't use frequently, in this case Premier Pro. When I go to Windows uninstall, it automatically opens the Creative Cloud. As soon as it opens, it shows a message saying it need to update. I say yes and then it goes "there is not enough space". 

So basically, i can't delete a software to free space, because i don't have space to update Creative Cloud. 

Does anybody knows what else i can do?

Deleting other softwares is not an option anymore 😞 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you empty the Recycle Bin?

Can you delete old Restore Points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete contents of the temp folder it tends to accumulate tons of space over time. In windows explorer type %Temp% and hit enter, it shall take you to your temp folder location.

You could also try shifting some files on to external drive to free up some space or upload them to a cloud service like Dropbox.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to free a lot more space than you can get back by deleting a few bits of software. If you haven't got 50GB free things will go very badly for you. It may be that the disk is just too small for serious use (a lot of kit is sold that way) or your disk is full of things like videos which are very big. You may need to archive to an external disk, don't forget to ALSO back up to a second external disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
8 hours ago 8 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my exact situation right now - if I could remove Prem Pro I'd free up 4Gb, but I can't for the reasons you outline. Who thought it was a good idea to make uninstalling contingent on updates which can be blocked by lack of space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
7 hours ago 7 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you try the cc cleaner?

if that fails use the iobit uninstaller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines