• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't unistall 32-bit Adobe apps after macOS Catalina Update (CC Cleaner tool does not find them)

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several legacy Adobe applications (CS5, CS6 , as well as, standalone) that are 32-bit and no longer run under macOS 10.15.x (Catalina). Their associated uninstallers no longer work either (also 32-bit). Most searches on this topic point to using the "Creative Cloud Cleaner tool" to remove them; I tried that, it removed an old PS CS6 app, however, it can't find most of the other old apps, so it does nothing. I do not have any CC apps, the ones I need to remove are all CS6 vintage or earlier, including standalone Acrobat Pro and Premiere Pro applications.

Adobe used to have a better, more thorough app uninstaller / remover tool than the current "Creative Cloud Cleaner tool", but I can't find that anymore ... is that still available? Are there any other options (short of manually picking through the various macOS system and library folders)? Thanks.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. the old cs6 cleaner link leads to, http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the same link / CC Cleaner tool that did not work for me. The "Strong" remover tool I remember would remove and delete anything Adobe-related that was installed, so it was a last-resort as it required re-installing any apps that you did not want removed. Adobe may still have that "strong" remover tool, but may not be making it publically "findable"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome to search, but the answer was no in my first post and still is no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I got your comments the first time; I was just giving additional background for those who may have a different experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

understood.

p.s. mac users can just delete adobe files without causing problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but Adobe doesn't recommend removing their applications by dragging to the macOS trash as can be done for some other software. I tried this before with an Adobe app, and it resulted in a system hang upon restart, so I prefer to err on the side of caution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines