• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't use LR 6.0 on my new system even after sign off on the old stystem - please help!

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use LR since the first betha version on Windows and bought the last 6.0 in 2017 with download
I used it since then without any problems with more that 100.000 images on my system.
A few weeks ago I got a new PC and installed LR 6.0 on it. I signed off on the old system.
On the new system I got the warning, that my serial number is being used on the maximum number of computers. It is only installed on my laptop!
I am completely disconnected to all of my images - please help!!!

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sign into your account, https://account.adobe.com

click plans > my plans > manage plans

and scroll to the bottom of the page where your activated computers are listed

deactivate them all if you can't tell which is your current and then open lr on your current computer > click help > click activate or sign-in

kglad_0-1618495655898.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your advice, but there is nothing like 'Activated devices'

I see only the regiustered products LR 1.0 from 2007 and LR 6.0 from 2017 with the product keys 😞

On the old system I can sign off but there ist also nothing like deactive ?

I can install the 6.0 on the new system with the correct key, but when I start it I get massage, that the kex is beeing used of the maximun number of computers and I just can quit.

And sometimes I get, the serialnumber could not be verified ?

On the new system I dont get beyond the error massage an no chance to activate. Did I not activate it during installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1618521084727.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

request an "activation count reset"

request anything else related to unsupported software and you will probably be directed back to the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks again for your efforts!

I got an email from the support and hope, that help is on its way!

BTW I don't get that icon on this webpage...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

be careful about emails.  that could be a scammer. 

why weren't you able to connect to an agent from adobe's website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

I got an email from: noreply@mail.community.adobe.com

it says :

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team at Email Address:-
Adobelive24X7@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Note:-Compose New Email and Copy and Paste the Email ID mentioned Abobe and send Email.

I admit, I did not think and recognize, that it was an Outlook adress, and I sent my problem to that adress 😞

Does Adobe use Outlook???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm suspicious. 

i wouldn't send anything unless the address ended in adobe.com.  if you sent any security info (like your passward for anything), i would change the security info.

and again, why weren't you helped via the chat option?  (ie, you should retry following the steps i suggested.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a scammer. No one from Adobe will contact you through email. Adobe does not provide customer support through email.

Do not respond to them. You can report them to Adobe as phishers here: phishing@adobe.com

CHAT: Click the following to contact Adobe customer support staff for help: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

If that doesn't work, try https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

which should automatically open a chat window for you, no matter what.
You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work. Disable any ad, pop-up, or script blockers.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.

Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session.

As @kglad said, you need to ask for an "activation count reset". 

Be aware that because of the pandemic, wait times are far longer than usual due to reduced staff and higher demand. Please be patient with the people to whom you speak. Like you, they are feeling a great deal of stress. A little patience and understanding will go a long way to helping you in your particular situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks again very much for your help and paitience kglad!
the hint about the cockies was important, with cockies switched on I got the chat icon and a very fast responce

and they could help me and LR is running!
I am so happy!!!

have a great day and stay healthy!
regards Dierk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

great to hear, thanks for the follow-up (and you are welcome).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines