• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we pause an Application Manager Download?

Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far the Application Manager has installed Photoshop, and is at 25% for InDesign, which is par for the course for rural New Zealand after five hours of downloading.  Meanwhile I have bugger all access to the internet to find information.  It was a total nonstarter to actually search for the answer to this question for instance.  So does anyone know if I can pause the Application Manager without losing a part download, or even limit its bandwidth allocation?  I've had a hunt round in its Preferences and found nothing helpful.  As for using online help....    That's not going to happen with the severly limited bandwith the Application Manager has left me.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Trevor.Dennis,

No, you cannot pause the download of an application in Creative Cloud.

You can only cancel after which you have to start over again.

Thanks,

Manish Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor.Dennis,

No, you cannot pause the download of an application in Creative Cloud.

You can only cancel after which you have to start over again.

Thanks,

Manish Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can't it be worked upon.About 3-4 times almost close to completion and the installer starts to stall with no other option than to cancel and start all over again. This is a  bad experinece for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%...Can we get a 'Pause Active Update' feature in the product backlog for all applications via Creative Cloud?

I live in a very rural area...It can take up to 5 days to update a single application. When you need to execute other tasks online not being able to pause an active update in Creative Cloud leads to a cancel and nothing is cached to pick up from...Or develop a feature where a user could download the update on a USB device elsewhere(Meaning a location with significant broadband) and then install on local machine in the users location....Very frustrating to have to cancel an almost complete update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user forums.  to make a suggestion to adobe, use for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines