• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canceled my account with old billing info; can't get Adobe to charge the right info

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My credit card was compromised recently, and I knew I wouldn't have a new card by the time Adobe was going to charge me for the next month of my subscription. Plus, considering I didn't really use it that much, I decided to cancel my Adobe CC account.

What I didn't realize is that Adobe charges an early-cancellation fee, and I only learned this once I got the first email about my payment not working (not working because Adobe still has my old, canceled credit card number). The problem is, when I go to change my payment method, I'm not allowed to, because I don't have an active Adobe CC subscription. There's no link to edit payment info if you don't have a current subscription.

I spoke to customer service via the live chat about this (I have the full transcripts), and I was eventually directed to a link where I could change my billing info. I put in my new payment info and thought everything was fine, but then I got another failed payment email a couple of days later. I spoke to customer service once again, and went through the same process. It doesn't seem to be working—I'm still getting failed payment notifications.

At one point, I received an email from one of the customer service reps saying this: "Edward, this is to inform you that we are unable to charge the early termination fee due to the error on your card. Hence, as one time exception we'll not charge the early termination fee." However, I just got my FOURTH failed payment email.

I really don't know what's left to do. Customer service seems unable to help me, and they're sending me mixed messages (failed payment vs. "we're not going to charge you"). What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i sent a message to adobe staff.  only adobe employees can help you.

you will NOT be contacted via skype unless a scammer tries to contact you, so do not respond to anyone claiming to be from adobe and using skype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this information. Something similar happens to me, they keep charging me when I already canceled the subscription.

And when I talk to someone through the chat on the page, they ask me for the first 6 digits and the last 4 digits of my credit card. Is it normal for them to ask for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eabarth,

The cancellation fee was declined as the credit card is declined, the CC is terminated. Unfortunately, it can not be restarted, please make a new purchase.

In case you want any assistance in placing the new order, please let me know here or personal message.

Regards

'Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to pay the cancellation fee by contacting customer service two times and going to a link they provided where I could put in new credit card information. I put in my new, working credit card number on two occasions, and yet Adobe is still trying to charge my old credit card number, so I keep getting failed payment emails. I want to pay the fee and cancel my subscription. Believe it or not, I still want to pay the cancellation fee even though your customer service representative told me the fee would be waived, just so that I don't have to deal with this any longer. But Adobe is not letting me pay the fee. I've never had such a hard time giving a company my money.

No, I do not want to start a new subscription. Forcing me to start a new subscription and making me pay for another year of a product I do not want is not a solution to my problem.

March 1:

Edward: I received an email that says Adobe was unable to bill me (because my credit card was cancelled). I can't figure out how to provide a new credit card.

Chandan Kumar: Thank you for the information.

Edward: I don't see any way to edit payment details in the account management.

Chandan Kumar: Let me assist you with link to update new credit card information.

Chandan Kumar: Please click here to view the link.

Edward: Okay, thank you.

Chandan Kumar: Confirm me once you update billing information under your account.

Edward: Okay, I updated it. Seems to have worked.

Chandan Kumar: Thank you for confirming.

Chandan Kumar: I will forwarded to higher level team and our relevant team will work on this case and assist you with information and our relevant team will contact you back with in 2 busness days via email .

Chandan Kumar: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Edward: Okay, understood.

Edward: No, that's all. Thanks for your help.

March 8:

Rohith: I see that you want to change the credit card on the account, am I right?

Edward: Yes.

Rohith: Please allow me 1-2 minute(s) to review your account details.

Rohith: Thank you for your patience.

Rohith: Please click here

Edward: Thanks.

Rohith: Please click the above link to update the card details

Rohith: Please let me know once you have done that

Edward: Okay, I put in my new credit card info.

Edward: The payment due date is today, so will it be charged today?

Rohith: Thank you

Rohith: Please alow me 1-2 minute

Rohith: Thank you for your patience.

Rohith: I have checked and see that your subscription is expired due to payment issue however I have re-triggered the payment for you please wait for 24 hours your account will be charged and your subscription will be Active.

Edward: No, I canceled my account.

Edward: And Adobe is trying to charge me the final amount. But my credit card changed.

Edward: I just want to pay the final charge and cancel.

Rohith: Sure, then your card will be charged within 3-5 days

Edward: Will I have any late fees because of this? The payment was due today.

Rohith: Nope, there is no any late fee

Edward: Okay, thanks. I hope it works this time.

Rohith: You are welcome

Rohith: Yes,

Rohith: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Edward: No, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines