• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot figure out how to "temporarily disable antivirus" on my Mac.

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install my 2023 Creative Cloud programs on my Mac. I am given an error message 205, which tells me to temporarily disable antivirus. But I cannot figure out how!! When I google it, it says to look for the Antivirus icon and click "disable" on the drop-down. But...WHERE is this icon?? And what does it look like?? Any advice? I'm unfortunately not a techie so please use simple language not tech-speak. Thank you!!!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Error 205 indicates there is an issue with the file downloaded.  If a firewall or antivirus is preventing you from using the file, you can try disabling if you have them installed. This could also be a firewall on your computers network and not necessarily on your computer itself (ie: work connection firewall). Could you try downloading the file again or see if disabling the firewall helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error205

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Sorry I forgot to reply earlier, many thanks to all of you for your advice/insight. I was able to connect with someone at my anti-virus service and he walked me through how to disable it, install the Adobe CC, then re-install the anti-virus. Seemed to work just fine! 🙂 Again: I truly appreciate everyone who reached out...have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have an antivirus program installed on your mac.?

and error 205 is a connectivity error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most Mac users don't install antivirus software although it is available. If you don't have it installed, then this isn't the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a non-current os, your default browser must support tls 1.2, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

to test your default browser's tls you can use , https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

otherwise, confirm that you can connect to the secure adobe servers by reading, http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

do you see both logos after clicking "link"?

if you can and still see a connection error try these steps, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/common-network-connectivity-issues.html if those all fail, white list the adobe network endpoints, https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a Mac user, if they can use CC2023 then they are on an OS that is less then three years old. TLS support in the field is a Windows issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, so far they're not able to install cc 2023.  and old mac os'es like old win os'es didn't support tls 1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OLD OLD OLD OLD Mac OS versions, CC2023 wouldn't even be offered by the CC app. A tengent about TLS support just confuses non-technical users and isn't going to be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imo, making assumptions about less likely, but easily checked potential problems is foolish.

and if you were interested in not adding confusion you would have sent a private message instead of further confounding this thread with your opinion.

thank you for any part of your posts that might have been well-intentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple has had TLS 1.2 support for almost eight years. Only a tiny percentage of Macs are still on software that old and CC 2023 wouldn't be offered to someone who was.

It's a different problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're 100% correct and i'm 100% wrong. 

now, please drop it, and stop high-jacking this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 205 indicates there is an issue with the file downloaded.  If a firewall or antivirus is preventing you from using the file, you can try disabling if you have them installed. This could also be a firewall on your computers network and not necessarily on your computer itself (ie: work connection firewall). Could you try downloading the file again or see if disabling the firewall helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error205

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I forgot to reply earlier, many thanks to all of you for your advice/insight. I was able to connect with someone at my anti-virus service and he walked me through how to disable it, install the Adobe CC, then re-install the anti-virus. Seemed to work just fine! 🙂 Again: I truly appreciate everyone who reached out...have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BambiJayneLucky 

thank you for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines