• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Install Photoshop CC Due to "Insufficient Disk Space" Despite Changing Directory

New Here ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been unable to install Photoshop as I constantly get this error whenever I try, despite my changing the installation directory to a drive with 133GB of free space. Does anyone know how to fix this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS and version and how much space is on your system disk?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows 10 and I have 2GB free on the system disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not enough space

1 - some parts of the Cloud manager will ONLY install on the boot drive

2 - not sure of this, but I think temporary files also go on the boot drive

Install on non-boot drive see reply #1 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2549431 may have more information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much space do I need? As there is pretty much nothing I can remove from my root drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you need a bigger computer. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2GB on the system disk is even not enough to run the OS. Even if you instal on a different disk, the OS needs some space on it’s own to organize the stuff you’re doing. You should urgently free-up space or get a higher capacity system disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little bit OT, but I can remember that my first harddisk had just 5Mb!

And I remember creating a stripe of 4 500Mb disks on our mini super computer (with an overall power of less than what I use now as a phone) just to crash the OS, because the Unix system used signed integer as a disk location pointer and on a 32bits system you can represent a positive number up to 2Gb-1.

And now you fail your install because you “only” have 2Gb free. I would love my salary being so inflationary... .

Sorry about that as it does not solve your problem but sometimes I remember things from the dark ages of computing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2GB FREE on the system drive is plenty.  Except when a stupid installer like photoshop insists on using C: for something when I am telling it to install on a drive that has 250GB free.  Adobe should fix the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Photoshop system requirements  Even if you try to install on a 2nd drive, your primary hard disk must have sufficient resources to install software.  This might be a good time to move data and work files to an external drive and uninstall all non-essential software to free up space on the primary disk.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The requirements you link to above only say how much free disk space is required.  It doesn't say that the free space MUST be on the boot drive!  On top of that, the error message you get when install fails is wrong as it says "...only '1278648320' bytes are available on the installation directory"  when the installation directory (drive) has 250GB free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines