• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot reinstall PEL 2021

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install Photoshop Elements 2021 becuase it fails with an error code of 199 saying it cannot install it automatically. What happened is I uninstalled Premier Elements 11 (yes,11) which uninstalled everything connected with Elements 2021 as well.  When I try to reinstall Elements the above error code is given, but this does not appear in the list of error codes which Adobe quotes on its help page for installation issues. Can anyone else help, please?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Try to remove all leftover traces and then install

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove programs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Hi Mike,

@John T Smith 's advice is quite correct: the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool works on the Adobe Elements family of applications too.

Think you'll have to use it for whatever remnants are left over from both Premiere Elements 11 and Photoshop Elements 2021, then try reinstalling Photoshop Elements 2021.

Here's a post from a thread on the Photoshop Elements Support Community that explains what to do in the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/no-uninstaller-listing-for-elements-2020/m-p/10851731#M51353

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to remove all leftover traces and then install

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this reply, but I don't use the Cloud at all (as far as I know!).  I have deleted all traces of thr failed installations I can find, but no further progress on reinstall.  Any further advice please? Please bear in mind I am not a computer expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click the link to find out if it willl help with your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

@John T Smith 's advice is quite correct: the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool works on the Adobe Elements family of applications too.

Think you'll have to use it for whatever remnants are left over from both Premiere Elements 11 and Photoshop Elements 2021, then try reinstalling Photoshop Elements 2021.

Here's a post from a thread on the Photoshop Elements Support Community that explains what to do in the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/no-uninstaller-listing-for-elements-2020/m-p/10851...

Hope that helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both so much for this help.  Remnants of PEL2021 were removed and I have now reinstalled it successfully.  Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a very similar problem reinstalling Photoshop Elements 2021, geting the error code 199.  Understanding through this thread that it was a "leftover remnants" of Photoshop Elements 2021 I was able to solve the problem through:

Control Panel>Default Programs>Set your Default Programs>Apps & Features.  Scroll to Adobe Photoship Elements 2021 - select & uninstall.  Having done that I was able to reinstall Photoshop Elements 2021 sucessfully I am pleased to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines