Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot reset my password - password should not contain name or email adress

Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing froma a different Id-account.

On my main-acount I forgot my password.

I tried to reset it via email.

When I am prompted to assign a new password,

it says (in german) that I cannot enter a password, which contains my name or email adress.

This error message doesnt go away, it always stays there no matter what passwort I choose,

even if I just swipe over my keyboard and assign a total random password.

I tried it from my macbook and my iphone - its always the same. what can i do?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Pete, you do not need an active membership to receive account assistance. If you are clicking on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen and the chat window does not automatically open, something on the computer is actively blocking your ability to contact us.  Please use a different device, and maybe even a different network, to begin the interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Deleted User
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Thanks, in the chrome browser I could contact the support.

But the only advice I got was to enable incognito mode and try again, but it doesnt change anything.

I could however find a single password that works, but its not that secure.

All other passwords are rejected because according to the website "contain my email or name",

which is definitely not the case. Very strange behavior.

I will try to delete the account and set up a new one some time later..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete, sorry you are unable to change the password. Please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen so that a member of our support team can help you directly.  Please be prepared to confirm the personal information associated with the account you cannot access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

I cant find an option to start a chat session.

There are just some topics to read and when I click "what are my contact options?" I can only see a table that says chat is only available for paid subscriptions.

I guess this option is only available when users have a subscription running?

How can I find help if I need to log in without having an active subscription right now??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pete, you do not need an active membership to receive account assistance. If you are clicking on https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen and the chat window does not automatically open, something on the computer is actively blocking your ability to contact us.  Please use a different device, and maybe even a different network, to begin the interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, in the chrome browser I could contact the support.

But the only advice I got was to enable incognito mode and try again, but it doesnt change anything.

I could however find a single password that works, but its not that secure.

All other passwords are rejected because according to the website "contain my email or name",

which is definitely not the case. Very strange behavior.

I will try to delete the account and set up a new one some time later..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Pete. Your circumstances are very unique; I hope you don't encounter any additional problems filling out web forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I curretly have the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R, you will want to use a different web browser or device if you are unable to reach our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I found the solution.
If you have your name set as something like: First name: "John" Last name: "S" the program will see any "S" in your new password as it containing your name. Entering my full last name fixed the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines