• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Uninstall program (also Photoshop freezing)

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to uninstall Adobe Photoshop so that I may reinstall it, but the Creative Cloud Desktop did not let me. for the record, i don't really understand why, but i seem to have both Photoshop 2020 and 2021 installed, and never bothered uninstalling 2020 because i always assumed it didn't cause problems. However, lately Photoshop 2021 has been freezing way too often thus losing data before I save, so I would like to fix my Photoshop. Since I can't just error report due to how on the fritz my program is, I'm not sure where else I could have put this.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

although really, it's just that photoshop is freezing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in windows 10... why can't you edit your own posts here? i'm new here sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html
actually i did manage to find this article helpful to me for performance and freezing. Although I'm still curious about what it takes to get my uninstall buttons working again in the event I need it, or I decide I do indeed need to reinstall programs for a fresh take on them -- after all, some of the errors i'm getting in photoshop seem bizarre in ways other than speed, such as when I boot it's always in front of other programs or when I transform with Control T it doesn't do it immediately unless i click the movement tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... why can't you edit your own posts here? i'm new here sorry.

By @ebenfrostey

No problem. New users can't edit their own posts. Sorry about that, but I do not know why!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't uninstall using the CC app, you should try the Windows provided uninstall options:

Abambo_0-1626178528695.png

If that does not work, you could use the Adobe CC cleaner tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks. i tried this out and it successfully uninstalled everything so i can everything again, which I did. i may report here later with my freezing issues if they still persist, if that's ok with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines