• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant activate/download photoshop cs5 on windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a serial number for an unactivated version of photoshop CS5 and I want to activate it / download it onto my windows 10 pc. I have tried to activate it at https://account.adobe.com/products but that did not work as it replied with the prompt "serial number invalid" I have also tried to just download it and activate it later but I have not been able to find an offical download. Please reply with any suggestions, thank you.

TOPICS
Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you saw an invalid serial number you either made an error when entering the number OR you have the wrong installer.  details:

assuming you're using a valid adobe serial number (6 groups of 4 numbers), you have a mismatch between your installation file and serial number. ie, you can have a valid serial number, but if it's for program A and your installation file is for program B, you will see an invalid serial number message.

common mismatches are language/region (eg, serial number is for western europe and installation file is eastern europe), platform (eg, serial number is for a mac and installation file is win), license type (eg, education vs enterprise vs individual). and one of the most common is using a program installation file with a suite's serial number. eg, using a cs6 suite serial number with a photoshop cs6 installation file. that won't work even though photoshop is included in that suite.

you must use the (correct) suite's installation file (and you can choose to only install one program from the suite). here's official info about that error, http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, im sure I have used the correct serial number, how would I know the diffrence between my serial number and my instilation file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to check the purchase documents, or 

if you purchased from (or registered with) adobe AND you remember the adobe id used when purchasing/registering, you can check your account for the serial number and download file, https://account.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sorry I have just been given this code as a gift so I do not have the old Adobe Id used to buy it or the purchase documents. Although I am pretty sure I have the serial number. Could it be to do with the region? By the way thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not your region that matters.  it's the region of the donor when originally purchased. 

finding a public installation file for anything other than a north american version is problematic.  for any other region, you must get the file from the donor's adobe account (or more likely, they get it and send to you) or they already have the installation file and they send that to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help, I will get the installation file and get back to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain your serial number is for that product, platform and language version?  They all must match.

The original installer you received at purchase is perfecty matched with the serial number you received at the time. 

Installers obtained from other sources may not work with that serial number.

Also depending on whether it was an upgrade from a previous version, you may need the qualifying product's serial number, too.

Your account contains your registered serial numbers and products.

https://account.adobe.com/products

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A tip: if this was a student version it cannot be transferred to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines