• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant download older versions through creative cloud app

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started a free trial of the creative cloud to find that my windows 8.1 computer will not support any of the programs I intend to use, mainly lightroom and photoshop. 

Looking around apparently you can download the previous versions through the creative cloud app, I have tried this and it simply does not work. Clicking on the three dots next to "not compatible" > manage > other versions comes up blank except a 'find more versions'. This link doesnt go to anything useable. 

Is it still possible to get older versions or will I just need to cancel the trial and go with a competitor program that is compatible with my system?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Previous versions are not available with Trials. You must be a paid Creative Cloud member to access previous versions.

That said, you're running the worst operating system for Adobe software. None of the current versions support Windows 8.1. Only Windows 7 and 10.

Even if you do sign up, you're unlikely to access previous versions via the Cloud desktop which run on Windows 8.1 since Adobe only provides access to the current version and the version prior.

e.g. you'll need Photoshop CC 2018 fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Direct Download Links for Creative Cloud https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl
-please note that Adobe may remove the links to download older versions at any time
-so IF you find what you need, but sure to copy the download to an external drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous versions are not available with Trials. You must be a paid Creative Cloud member to access previous versions.

That said, you're running the worst operating system for Adobe software. None of the current versions support Windows 8.1. Only Windows 7 and 10.

Even if you do sign up, you're unlikely to access previous versions via the Cloud desktop which run on Windows 8.1 since Adobe only provides access to the current version and the version prior.

e.g. you'll need Photoshop CC 2018 for Windows 8.1. However, current is 2020 and the previous is CC 2019 which are both Windows 7 & 10 only. So you'll have to get a CC 2018 link from Adobe Customer Care or elsewhere.

Bottom line is it's going to get harder and harder to get older Adobe software which runs on Win 8.1 since support for it has been dropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm have a paid subscription running through teams with 15 accounts and the creative cloud app now automatically disables older versions of AE and Premiere. They are now completely unavailable through the app for AE and Premiere 2019 and 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you purchased older versions directly from Adobe, I believe you should be able able download installers for them from your Teams account pages. Otherwise, I suspect what you are seeing is the expected behavior.

Adobe supports only the current major version and the previous major version. For After Effects, that means it supports AE 18 and AE 17.

Flagging @Jeff A Wright on the very real possibility I've misunderstood, as he'll know for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youcompany1 and Linsims, please see the recently published https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/cc-support-policy.html for more clarity on which Creative Cloud applications versions are available and their support options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff and Lin,

We are using an older version of MacOs that doesn't support the latest versions of AE and Premiere, so that is likely why they aren't showing up.

That does answer the question, although it just makes the job of managing these systems even harder. As I now cannot support an older OS through the creative cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines