Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Caps folder [ error 105 ]

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just met with "Error 105" when Creative Cloud was updating. I am now unable to install any apps, and Creative Cloud keeps giving me this error message when trying to update. I did some digging and found out I need to give permission to the "Caps" folder, which should be in my "Library>Application Support>Adobe>Caps"

However, there is no "caps" folder at all. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need permissions to the "Library>Application Support>Adobe" folder to allow the creation of the "Caps" folder.

See also here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/caps-folder-missing-on-mac-os/td-p/9927001

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is what worked for me to fix the Error 105. I couldn't find the caps folder either, but using the Finder menu, went to Go>Go to Folder and typed in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/caps and the folder came up. I deleted it, restarted my computer, and everything is working again!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines