CC(and the UI) is too slow! Every release makes it worse, and I'm tired of losing features!

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the only one having issues, right? like, I'm running a 1070ti card, and a top of the line CPU from a small while after the 1070ti released, and I'm booting from an SSD and so on, I know it's not exactly a workstation, but it's better than most current apple devices still- So why is all of this taking up so much space on RAM, and beyond that, taking up to a minute to load, then taking another few seconds to open a blank file? I know it's not my installation, I reinstalled several times, but as far as I can tell it's just the program? It's not sudden, though- it's been getting worse since 2014 it feels like. I can't make money with these programs. they're dead in the water and completely killing my ability to be productive- I feel lied to.

back in the CS days (I started with CS3) it was blazing fast- I only had to worry about stability or speed when my images were 16k on a high school computer- but now exporting a 1.2MB image to a hard drive crashes my desktop and takes 30 seconds- and good luck exporting more than one complex, multi-subcomp after effects video A DAY. I use blender for VFX now- after effects has become unusable, as much as I like the process- I can't access my reel any more either- it just won't open because the new program is too slow on newer hardware, and it's getting in the way of getting rehired!

I've paid twice as much every consecutive year, but in addition to paying $400 MORE, the features HAVE BEEN REMOVED. I can no longer simply use "save as" to choose a filetype from photoshop, Flash is just gone with no workable replacement, Premiere no longer has multithreading. seriously. how do you screw that up. I have written multithreaded code and I don't even code for a living, but you took it one step further and removed a working feature, promised a better implementation, then didn't talk about it more than 6 years. I can't even export basic H264 from after effects! You removed industry standard filetype access.

hff... I'm getting worked up, but really, I'm heartbroken. the programs are in a nearly unusable state for me and it sucks because now I pay FIVE TIMES AS MUCH for LESS SUPPORT and WORSE FEATURES and SLUGGISH, BROKEN PROGRAMS and I'm tired of being disrespected, you know? Adobe is charging me more than I can make, for programs that stopped being able to get me a job a year ago.

so, why is this a feature request? good question.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Hey, Adobe. It's time to remake your main suite (photoshop, illustrator, premiere, audition, after effects, and maybe a new cad program to take advantage of recent 3D printing trends) from scratch. It had a good run but the current code feels so old, spaghettified, frankencoded and sluggish that it's no longer a compelling argument to use at all, much less at its current price.

As your target audience, I'll say this is why the competition is eating your bottom line. Your programs just aren't functional or modern like you advertise, and for some reason you keep pushing these confusing, bulky collab tools that take longer to set up and debug than the time they save versus throwing a pen drive across the office and briefing new hires on a standard file naming structure. I understand that you're being hit by anti-monopoly laws, so hear me out-

the best move is clearly to put maybe a tenth of your $11,000,000,000 yearly revenue toward some shiny new editing programs, instead of stifling the progress of other companies for transient and dubious benefit(that thing that has the FTC at your throat). You had a near-monopoly, so suddenly putting out a new suite of blazing fast, artist-vetted programs with up-to-date features and more active development in collaboration with workfloor artists and editors would no doubt cement you at the top, even with other companies present.

As both an investor and a client, it's a definite red flag that the moment the income from the programs became stable from reccuring payments, meaningful development halted-if the trend continues, Adobe will definitely be upstaged in a few years, like Autodesk was with blender. After all, the primary expectation clients have for the service (Access to well-working programs, with meaningful updates, new useful features, intuitive UI, and performance improvements) is not being provided, and client dissatisfaction is mounting.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user to user forums.  i have a lower spec computer and have no problems.

that said, if you want to complain to adobe, report here - https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

or, if you want help:  using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1631454795143.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. they just told me they can't help, and to get used to it, basically. I directed them toward a number of very highly rated ... whatever those things you can vote on are (really, since when if bug fixing a popularity contest?) and they confirmed that their community advisors don't really seem to communicate. they had no idea we were promised true multithreaded functionality years ago. and I understand. lure people in with gimmicks and make them pay for decades old software bloated with enough bells and whistles to deafen a man on mars. 

I've done everything you said, and the best I got was some dude telling me  not to use more than one adobe program at a time. what gives. if these programs work well together, then why are the help desk attendants themselves telling me to turn them off for maybe a 4% increase in render speed? it's ridiculous.

the other, newer programs work fine- it's ones like premiere and after effects that are so old they hold up about as well as the hindenburg.(and crash in a similarly spectacular fashion.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please feel free to leave feedback on Adobe User Voice where the product engineers will  see it.  As fellow product users, we don't make the software or influcence what Adobe does.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Thank you.

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines