• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC download manager is blazingly slow!!!

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscribed to full Adobe CC and having major problem with frequent app updates...

My MacOS update to Monterey was able to download the installer package to my iPad Pro direct from Apple servers! Then Airdrop the file to my Mac. This takes under an hour a 12.13Gb file, whereas using the native MacOS updater in Preferences would take literally days to complete. I like many today do not use a dedicated landline and so am limited to mobile broadband, which works relatively well for pretty much everything but nosey data sharing download managers, like Adobe CC. It's wasting my valuable time waiting for updates to download to several Adobe CC apps, each taking hours or days to complete, sometimes restarting from 0% if the connection is temporarily dropped... I'm sorry but this kind of data collection paired with app downloads and updates is no longer viable with the era of mobile broadband replacing many traditional network connectivity solutions. Adobe has available for some older apps direct download but none that I'm paying good money every month unfortunately. And it would be a hassle to email for help and private links every time an update is released. Bottom line Adobe is failing to deliver the service I need to take full advantage of my subscription. My desktop is not mobile I'm sorry I can load an LG wide monitor into my Volkswagen and trolly with my Mac down to the local Starbucks. PLEASE make a CHANGE that ALOWS direct DOWNLOAD of ALL my CC APPS so WE can CONTINUE doing BUSINESS TOGETHER, elsewise I may have to drop my subscription and seek alternatives... 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not convinced that a mobile line is a full ersatz for a landline connection. It is really only an emergency solution and in addition, it's a high-priced alternative. The local Starbucks knows that and provides a landline for their free Wi-Fi. This said, you should disable automatic updates and look at https://prodesigntools.com/ for the direct download links. You can then take your great car and drive your laptop to the coffee shop famous for its high-priced coffees and free Wi-Fi to download all the stuff you need.

Or you could try to get again a landline for all of that, if it's available in your region. I know, some regions lack the infrastructure…

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines