• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC is driving me nuts, I can't get any work done. I can't go back to CS. Now what?

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error message on new install of Photoshop: "Some of the application components are missing from the Application directory, Please reinstall the application." — I HAVE REINSTALLED THE APPLICATION NUMEROUS TIMES AND IT NEVER CHANGES, STILL THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. I CAN'T GET ANY WORK DONE. THIS IS INSANE.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Ok, I figured it out. My Mid 2010 Mac Pro (48GB ram, 8-cores) stops at Mojave. The hacks I came across looking to get my machine to run Catalina didn't thrill me. CC suggested I find earlier application versions, I was able to take one step back with my desktop publishing applications, and they quit crashing on me. It took me a while to take-in the wide vista of application logos that came with my newly installed CC interface before I finally zero'd in on InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you install? Asking because there are several different ways.

What operating system version, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to your OS, which version of Photoshop are you using?

Make sure your computer meets the minimum CPU & GPU requirements. Most Creative Cloud apps work on:
Windows 10 versions 21H1, 20H2, 2004, and 1909 (LTSB branches are not supported)
macOS 12 (Monterey), macOS 11 (Big Sur), macOS 10.16 or 10.15 (Catalina)
- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I figured it out. My Mid 2010 Mac Pro (48GB ram, 8-cores) stops at Mojave. The hacks I came across looking to get my machine to run Catalina didn't thrill me. CC suggested I find earlier application versions, I was able to take one step back with my desktop publishing applications, and they quit crashing on me. It took me a while to take-in the wide vista of application logos that came with my newly installed CC interface before I finally zero'd in on InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge, and Acrobat. That's all I want or need. Meanwhile, I've been watching eBay to see what the 3rd-generation Mac Pros are going for.

Thank you for listening to a cranky old typesetter who learned the trade from the guys pounding out hot metal type using Linotype and Monotype keyboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines