CC thinks I have 3 devices instead of 2, asks me to sign out of Desktop while already on Desktop

Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Image containing email address removed by moderator]

It does this on Desktop and Laptop. I have to sign out of what it thinks is Device #3, then when I come back, I have to sign out/in again. 

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to your account Adobe Account

click plans and payment>activated devices

kglad_1-1650549440624.png

deactivate all devices

then sign out and then back in to your cc desktop application using the same adobe id used to check your account, http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/sign-in-out-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

activate your devices.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I still experience this issue because no matter what, Adobe ultimately thinks I will have 2 PC's and 1 laptop after enough reboots

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have changed something in the PC that makes Adobe believe it is another 'second' PC. Any change of hardware (eg. a Graphics card), etc, can trigger "2PCs" for the one device.

You can only follow the advice from @kglad to Reset all Activations in your Account.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 11.3, Photoshop 23.3, ACR 14.3, Lightroom 5.3, Lr-iOS 7.0.2, Bridge 12.0.1, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes (in agreement with @Rob_Cullen ), what do you mean by "ultimately". what changes (esp) on your pc to have it recognized as 2 different computers.

if you're needed, you can check the activated devices list and see what adobe interprets as 2 different computers that you think should be recognized as the same computer.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here is an example of my issue, which the above workarounds do not solve unfortunately.

I'm dealing with this daily... it's such routine and I accept it but it's so stressful.

Reboots from shut down or blue screen always make Adobe think I am using a 3rd new PC - no matter if I try the above solutions.

New problem: signing in on laptop, Adobe says I'm signed out, when I click sign in on CC, the popup disappears and just pops back up, infinite loop.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi are you by chance running apps on both of the PC's at the same time ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Only one at a time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines