• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Updates

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a CC subscriber since 2018, update regularly. I have Photoshop V21.2.10 (update available) and V22.5 (Updated recently). Should I delete the first to save space on my computer? Why are there 2?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

When updating major versions e.g. 21.x to 22.x the CC app allows you to keep older versions. This is good practice as it allows you to still use the older version if you encounter a bug in the new.

If you are short of space you can uninstall the old but the safest way to do that, and avoid any issues with file associations, is to uninstall the latest (v22) then uninstall the earlier (v21) both using uninstall in the CC desktop app. Then reinstall the latest, again using the CC desktop app.

Dav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating major versions e.g. 21.x to 22.x the CC app allows you to keep older versions. This is good practice as it allows you to still use the older version if you encounter a bug in the new.

If you are short of space you can uninstall the old but the safest way to do that, and avoid any issues with file associations, is to uninstall the latest (v22) then uninstall the earlier (v21) both using uninstall in the CC desktop app. Then reinstall the latest, again using the CC desktop app.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for this clear, complete response, Dave. Really appreciate!

All best,

Judith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines