Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer crashes when using Creative Cloud programs if I connected to internet

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just purchased the creative cloud and found that it crashes my computer (hp spectra 360 convertible 15 using Microsoft Windows 10) everytime I try to use a program. So far I've tried Illustrator (versions: 26.0.1, 26.0 and 25.4.1) as well as photoshop (version 23.0.2). I tried opening up files I've created on past versions of illustrator (creative suite 5.5) as well as starting a brand new file and it crashes my computer withen the first 5 minutes every time. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still have the same problem. I also tried restoring the preferences but got no help. I then tried launching illustrator with my wifi turned off and it seemed to work fine with wifi disconnected. But when I turned wifi back on it instantly froze my computer. 

What couuld be the issue? I have mcafee antivirus that came with the computer, I wonder if that could be the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welp... I was wrong, it also crashes my computer even with my wifi disconnected (just tried it again). 

It seems my computer doesn't like the creative cloud for some reson. The computer is relatively new and supposed to be pretty powerful. Haven't had many issuse with it since purchasing and the creative cloud is the first program that causes my computer to crash. Any help is appreciated. Not sure what else to try. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it meet the minimum specifications?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob,

Thanks for the reply. Here are the specs:

Microsoft Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19042

Hp Spectre x 360 Convertible 15 df0xxx,

x-64 based pc,

Intel Core i7-8565U cpu @1.80GHz 1992 Mhz, 4 core, 8 logical processors

Nividia GeForce MX150

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Resolution 3840 x 2160 x 59 hertz

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16 GB

(underneath Ram it listed the following.... not sure if it is relevant but figured I'd include it: Total Physical Memory 15.7 GB, Available Physical Memory 4.73 GB, Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB, Available Virtual Memory 22 GB, Page File Space 21 GB.)

Windows (C:) - 476 GB (170 GB used, 305 GB free) The 170 GB is mostly illustrator and photoshop files from my old computer created using adobe creative suite 5.5.

The one thing I noticed is that I didn't see my version of windows 10 (10.0.19042) on the list of adobe system requirements. Do you think that could be the problem. I believe it is the latest windows 10, I just got a message recentally that windows 11 is now available but I have not upgraded to windows 11 yet.

Let me know if any additional info is needed to help diagnosis the problem. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteI have mcafee antivirus that came with the computer, I wonder if that could be the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

==========

I have no conflicts with latest McAfee on Win10 with latest 21H1 update and Creative Cloud.  Have you reached out to Adobe Technical support yet?

With a browser that accepts cookies and does not have script blockers, please log-in to your account portal below.
https://account.adobe.com/plans

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I noticed on the blue screen, when my computer is in the process of restarting, it gives me the following error codes:

What Failed: nvlddmkm.sys

StopCode: video_tdr_failure

I also noticed a different stopcode one time: driver_power_state_failure

I tried to update my display adaptors and both say they have the latest versions:

intel uhd graphics 620 (version: 26.20.100.7927)

nvidia geforce mx150 (version: 30.0.14.7247)

I went to the nvdia wedsite to search for a new "studio driver" like Bob mentioned above but it states that there are no studio drivers for my card. The only options are Geforce Game Ready drivers the lastest version being 497.09. 

Should I download that driver and try to install it?

Do you think upgrading to windows 11 will solve the probelem? Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pay particular attention to Photoshop's newer GPU requirements.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think your graphics card will work:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines