• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

computer partitioned, CS6 orbiting

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to have my iMac partitioned, part on Yosemite (old OS, obviously), part on Big Sur (as new as I could go on my late-2014 iMac). I need to keep the Yosemite part so I can run CS6, but since the partition, the apps think they've been installed in a new set-up. Every time I try to launch an app (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), my Adobe Application Manager pops up and asks me to sign in with my Adobe ID to use my "trial" version of the design suite. When I try to sign in, the "swirling ball" does its thing for a while, then I get a message that says I'm not connected to the internet or my computer clock is off--clearly both not being correct. 

A few issues: 1) When I initially tried launching one of the apps, I got a pop-up that wanted me to register (what I already have owned for...ten years?) or that there were zero days left in my trial. I clicked the trial button (thought it was some weird glitch), things launched, and I continued. Now, when I try to re-launch, there's my Adobe App Manager. 2) I have the physical CS3 materials, and believe the CS6 was a download, but is associated with an old (now non-existent) email (I believe). So, if I "un-installed" the apps from my partition, I have nothing to re-install. 3) When I look up the serial numbers of my products, it says they are already registered. I do have the suite installed on a laptop as well, and I'm unsure of how to "deactivate" things there, if that's the issue. 

I'm a retired graphic designer, need to access old files, create a few new ones, definitely don't need Creative Cloud services. Any help with this would be most appreciated. Tried phone support, but after four menus, I found that CS6 isn't "phone supported" anymore. I just need to have what's right here to work again. 

Thanks so much in advance. 

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLS 1.2 is now required to connect https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html
-http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the connection issues/resolutions you recommended. I got the two Adobe logos in a page, I got the "pong" response to my "ping" window, so all seems to be good there. The Yosemite partition qualifies as being "OS 10.8 or higher," and I'm using Chrome--all boxes to check for the TLS 1.2 thing. I even tried the Limited Access Repair Tool, and after it ran, I received a notice that "0 connections were repaired"--as in, there apparently weren't any issues there. 

argh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure of how to "deactivate" things there, if that's the issue. 

By @Racer X_EM

Please go to Adobe Customer Service and only ask to have your activations reset (make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups on your browser):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the route you recommended, I tried typing "agent" in the window, was told that I needed an active account with a product, but when I purchased the design suite, I was using a (since disabled) email account, so the product I have a question about wouldn't be in my current account. I have the product's serial number, but the chatbot wouldn't let me continue either with an agent on the phone or via the chat window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to sign in, the "swirling ball" does its thing for a while, then I get a message that says I'm not connected to the internet or my computer clock is off--clearly both not being correct. 

By @Racer X_EM

See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went through all of the solutions offered, down to #4--GlobalSign Root CA. I checked on my computer (at least in this partition) and found that that certificate isn't there. This may be why things are at a stop, and furthers my frustration with this process--can't talk to anyone in support to get my activations reset, so...sorry about my luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines