Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

computer transfer impossible

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear all

I'm transfering an official ordered version from Adobe photoshop element from my old computer to the new one. I have disconnected my account from the old one, I have downloaded Photoshop on the new one, and I was typing the serial number on the new one. But I get the message "the serial number is invalid" 

thanks for help

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

if you have a serial number for pse 2019 (NOT ps), you can install and use pse 2019.

you can check your account (if you purchased from or registered with) adobe for a download link.  or download from here, Direct Download Links: Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements 2019 | ProDesignTools

if you download from prodesigntools: 

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it won't remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

p.s. pay attention to details. your two previous posts

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the same version of Photoshop Elements on both computers?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Axel for your rush answer

previous version was Photoshop 2019. The one downloaded on the new computer is Photoshop 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work. Version 2019 and 2021 does have different serial numbers.

If you wish to install an newer version of Photoshop Elements you have to buy an update.

The recent version is Photoshop Elements 2022. You  

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a serial number for pse 2019 (NOT ps), you can install and use pse 2019.

you can check your account (if you purchased from or registered with) adobe for a download link.  or download from here, Direct Download Links: Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements 2019 | ProDesignTools

if you download from prodesigntools: 

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it won't remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

p.s. pay attention to details. your two previous posts indicate you do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed this is what I have done, it works perfectly, many thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have an Adobe account that you have registered your products with. Log into your account and in your profile section, open the link for Order History. Your apps should be listed there with the order numbers. Click the order number for your Elements app.

When the order history opens, there should be link for Downloads and Serial Numbers.

There you will get a list of the serial numbers for your app and the link to download it again.

Remember, it can be installed on only 2 computers. So, if you are not using the old laptop any more, you need to sign out of that copy of the app and should uninstall it from that computer.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to access my old computer to uninstall the apps in order to download them onto my new one is that a problem? I looked on my account to see the order history and there are no apps listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not really.

you just need to install your pse and activate with your serial number.  if you see an excess activation error message, accessing your older computers would be helpful, but not necessary because the activation count can be reset from your adobe account (Adobe Account), if you purchase from or registered with adobe and remember the adobe id used, and can be reset by adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines