• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cookies and / or Cache

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a current user of the Adobe CC suite and all of the programs included with said suite work just fine. 

I periodically run a program called CCleaner that deletes old cookies, temp files and whatnot from my system in an effort to prevent those from getting out of control size / storage wise. 

Every time I run the program, I have to re-sign in again if I launch any Adobe Product. 

My question is:  Does Adobe CC utililze some form of Browser Cookie or set a temp file somewhere when the sign-in is authenticated ?   If so, I can tell the cleaner software to ignore specific cookies, folders or files, but I would like to be a bit more specific than simply excluding the entire Temp File directory as it tends to grow rather large rather quickly.  

Identifying it ( and thus, leaving this file intact ) means I wouldn't have to keep signing in everytime the program is run. 

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I periodically use the built-in Windows utility called Clean Disk.  It poses no problems for Creative Cloud log-in.

Adobe.com sets cookies in your browser as do most websites.   After cleaning my browser's cached data & cookies, I always need to log-in again.  That's expected.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CCleaner is junk software for the most part and yes it can delete files you actually need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works just fine as long as you don't allow it to touch the registry and you don't leave its options at default.

It's handy for wiping out the temp directories, memory dumps and web browser caches / cookies with pretty much one click. 

But the question stands,  I'm not talking about adobe.com the website here.  I'm talking about wherever Adobe hides the widget telling the software that I do have an up to date account and it's okay to launch the software without having to login again.  I figure it's probably hidden in the temp folders somewhere, but don't feel like doing the trial and error needed to locate it. 

Hence, the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no hiding. It IS a web connection and there ARE actual cookies. So it's no surprise that running dodgy delete ware will break this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, yes I know there is a web connection and all.  I also know there are cookies associated with it but when I keep the cookies and clear the temp folder, the login becomes a requirement once again so I know it's not just the cookies in play here. 

I'll figure it out on my own so I don't have to listen to the " OMGYOUUSECCLEANER " silliness. 

thnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as you don't use the registry cleaner part of it, it's not dodgy in my opinion.  I've been using CCleaner since I started using Adobe products (Photoshop Elements 5.0, Premiere Elements 3.0, and Premiere Pro CS4) and have never had any issues with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option to save selected cookies in CCleaner.

Click Options > Cookies and drag the ones from the Delete column to the Keep column.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peru Bob

I have configured CCleaner to save them, but it seems to make little difference which is why I was thinking something else was stored in the temp file directory as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously something somewhere got munged.  See the following help article:

How to Resolve Connection Errors (Solution #2: Resetting the Hosts File).

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines