• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could Not Install Premiere Elements in Windows In Virtual System

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have PhotoShop Elements 2022 and Premiere Elements 2022 in my active account.

I tried many, many times to install Premiere Elements in Windows inside Parallels Virtual machine. I had no trouble on the Mac OS side.

Every single time installation aborted for Error Code 1; Error Code 16; Other Error Codes; Installation File corrupted, etc. I never got and installation.

I was on a long chat with DAHNAJAY, who was very helpful, finally providing me with download links for both products to Mac and Windows platforms.

Trying to install from the link for Windows resulted in Sentence #3.

I finally gave up and installed both Windows programs from my 2018 disc.

Why did I have such a bad time installing from the Adobe system?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where did you purchase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe and downloaded from the Adobe website.

Thanks for your question. Would you have an answer to my problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if purchased from adobe you do not have access to the windows installer (assuming you purchased an mac installer), and use of a vm isn't supported.  ie, you can install using a vm, but because of the greater number of variables involved installing on a vm, it's difficult to help you.

buying a dvd with both win and mac installers would have been the preferred route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about the exact configuration of the VM we can't really tell you much. Error 1 and 16 indicate conenction issues to the Adobe server for verifying installs and licensing, so maybe your VM is simply too restrictive with network stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - how can I "unrestrict" it? The VM is Parallels very widely known and used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't test on VMs; Adobe don't support VMs. So it's really your job to make sure your VM imitates a real machine well enough.  To see if there is a problem Adobe would look at, see if you can reproduce it from a physical machine. Yes, I know that isn't what you would want to hear, but going onto a VM is going it alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

VM complicates matters and diminishes performance.  Ideally Adobe products are meant to be installed on the primary hard drive and operating system.

Can I ask why you're running Windows on Parallels and not using the native Mac OS?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines