• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud and OneDrive Hell part 10

Contributor ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I managed to complely divorce OneDrive and Creative Cloud by only pointing to files on my local drive and never ever allowing myself to even TOUCH a file in the cloud from an application in Bridge.  This was working until today when I was prompted to do updates.  I was wondering why it was taking forever until I realized it is triggering the entire FRIGGIN avalanche on my machine.

PLEASE FIND A WAY TO MAKE THIS STOP!!!  I knew I should have never listened to them in the microsoft store when they talked me out of getting a much more expensive computer with MORE local storage, but tihs is the hell I am stuck with.  Why does this keep happening?

AND WHY ARE THERE SO MANY UPGRADES????  I suppose if I remember to disconnect one drive every time, this might not happen., but I should not have to.  There are no files that Photoshop or LIghtrooom can see that are in the cloud unless this update is reinstallig software there.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD IT EVER DO THIS.

PS, I think it may have something to do with photoshopprefsmanager which is located inside "My Documents" inside a folder called "Adobe." on my onedrive (the time stamp is exactly right).  I thought I had stopped everything going there but it seems to have just created a brand new folder after I deleted the old one.  I notice it was placed in OneDrive around the time this download started.  It seems I cannot change the location of where this file goes.  All I know is if Adobe interacts with onedrive in ANY WAY.  It wants to download all my files on my PC.  I would not mind if it would just download the one it was using.  But to trigger this avalanche every time is a real PITA. It's going to burn out my computer downloading and removing this stuff 20 times a day.

Won't it ask where I want this stuff to go.  I would never put it on OneDrive after all I have been through.  Now I have been upgrading by turning off OneDrive since it is the only way.  However, my question is, will it work without access to this preferences folder?  Will it just create another one somewhere else?  I am finding it is too many dispararate files scattered all over the place and I have spend hours doing detective work to find them all, delete them all, and remove them again and again after they keep popping up.

Every time I think I have this solved and I can stop spending all my time wrestling with this, I realize I don't.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just today resume d my experiments with this.  I renamed the adobe file that resides in my dcouments folder on OneDrive and it immediately started creating another one (and downloading every photo in "MyPictures").  WHY WHY WHY??????????  The only way I could stop another massive download of my photos was to turn off onedrive.  Then I have to restart my machine to keep it from happening again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

This is killing me!!!!

I don't want any interaction whatsoever between OneDrive and Photoshop unless I manually move stuff myself outside lightroom, photoshop or Bridge..  I have found no satisfactory answers on how to make it stop doing this.  Where does the "photoshopprefsmanager" file go if I turn off OneDrive during updates?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOW TO I MAKE IT STOP PUTTING FOLDERS ON ONEDRIVE WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE????????????????

Please.  I need an answer.  So many people have complained about this.  It should be the numero uno priority because without this the rest is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find out how to disable one drive may help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to disable one drive.  I want things to stop going there to begin with.  Everytime I think I have the problem licked I am reminded of the lyrics, "4000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire"  I have yet to find them all.

However, after a lot of bashing my head in, I may have discovered a break in the case.  In Photoshop (not Creative Cloud apps), Under Edit .>Preferences>File Handling...it seems to allow me to change it there.  At least it showed the default path as going to OneDrive.  We will see if it stops this annoying behavior.

I am just surprised that nobody has ever pointed this out before in a way that is findable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  Thanks to the stupid updates that we do not need in our lives at this moment.  All my photos have been redumped onto my PC.  There is nothing I can do the make this stop.  I did the above.  But basically, everytime there is an update it deposits a file called PhotoshopPrefsManager on my one drive.  

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HOW IN THE WORLD DO I CHANGE THE DEFAULT LOCATION OF WHERE THIS IS STORED????????????????????????????????????????

I have literally been struggling with this since September.  And let me reiterate:  The one answer I do not want to hear is "just disable OneDrive"  There should be a way to fix this so that I can have this stupid thing stored away from one drive.   And for the millionth time, I end up freeing up space just for it to all be dumped back the moment my back is turned.

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\OneDrive\Documents\Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10-13-21 Having same issue in 2021. Adobe themselves tried to stop this ( and managed to ina weird way but the end result was eveything else in the computer wouldn't work- totally not acceptable ) Still trying to figure out how to stop this insanity... my computer-my choice. For the love of all that is Holy ! My Adobe files should NOT be automatically going into a One Drive sync at every update ( which is almost every 5 minutes now )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>surprised that nobody has ever pointed this out before

I don't use cloud storage of ANY kind, so I may only guess that "most" Adobe users also do not use one drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2024, still an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

cc will have no local sync folder next month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines