Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App, installation error code 205

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

everytime I tryed to install ACC, I had the same error code which is the error code 205.

How can i bypass it?

Liryal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Jrkpnelson you still may face difficulties downloading future updates.  What errors were you able to locate within your download logs?  Directions can be found on how to locate your logs in the link offered in message #4.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

This was awesome. It fixed it after a lot of other frustrating attempts. Thanks so much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also had issues with installing CC on my PC and like others have said, using a different network (internet) resolved this for me. I'm trying to install at work and I know we have gateway AV, firewalls and ATP running which could interfere, so i just hotspotted from my mobile phone for the install.

I guess allowing the URL listed at - Creative Cloud app installation hangs would allow the apps through but that's a bit of work to get done in companies sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem on macbookPro 2009.

The problem was not a corrupt  download but a problem in the installation process which needs an internet connection, which is blocked by the default firewall on mac OS (El Capitan in my case).

So I turned off the firewall (preferences > security&privacy > firewall).

With the firewall off the installation worked fine. Afterward I turned it on again.

Why did Adobe make it this way, and why it is not explained in the installation manual (or in the error code window) I wonder....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm behind a corporate SonicWALL firewall and after a firmware update the updates were intercepted as malware. Disableing the virusscanner in the firewall solved the 42% / error 205 problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2018 Dec 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

download it via direct link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i had the same problem with a domain roaming profile. Just take a local admin and it should be work.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, not the correct answer. And creating a different account is for me out of the question.
I had trouble opening the latest update of the CCapp. until I uninstalled Internet Explorer 11.

All of a suudden the app popped up and all was well.

Outlook couldn't open links anymore, so after some research, IE11 not being there was the cullprit.

I reïnstalled the @#$% 11 and now I cannot open Photoshop anymore. I get a message to contact Customer Support and something about code 205. When I click the link, I land on a 404 error page! I have a cardiac problem, are you trying to kill me ? What can I do to make my 720$/year software work as it should again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you who are viewing this thread for the first time and are facing the same issue, here is a solution which worked for me: do a clean install of Adobe products, after removing all of them (Including Creative Cloud launcher app) with Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. You can read instructions on how to use the official tool here:
Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems (adobe.com)

Remember to restart your laptop after uninstalling everything and before re-installing the apps you need.

Hope this helps on fixing your issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this error message. I fixed it, but none of the suggestions listed in this thread helped.

I'm on a Mac. I opened Keychain and deleted all stored credentials containing the words "adobe" and "acrobat."

I think what happened is that when I updated my password on my adobe account, the credential stored in Keychain for adobe updated, but the acrobat credential still contained the old password and this was causing a conflict. Rather than resolve this conflict by asking the user to sign in again, Acrobat throws up this useless error message stating to contact Customer Support, except no one at Customer Support knows how to fix this (they told me the issue was with their licensing server and to try back tomorrow). 8 years this thread has been up and people are still getting this error. What a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're experiencing issues on Windows that seem unresolved, I stumbled upon a solution that may help. My problem began while trying to log into Docker, where I kept encountering an error. The error appeared to point towards the Windows Credential Manager not having sufficient memory or storage, which I later found out was obstructing my sign-in/licensing process with Creative Cloud apps.

Here's a breakdown of what I was going through:

1. Launching Adobe Creative Cloud.
  2. Initiating Photoshop.
  3. Being presented with Error code 205.
  4. Witnessing a crash of Photoshop.

And, this wasn't only happening with Photoshop but across all Adobe CC apps.

The root of the problem seemed to be a malfunctioning entry in the Windows Credential Manager. In my case, it was a VSCode Credential, which was evident as an apparently duplicated entry. To resolve this, I ran the following command in PowerShell (admin mode):

cmdkey /list | Select-String -Pattern "LegacyGeneric:target=(vscode.+)" | ForEach-Object { cmdkey.exe /delete $_.Matches.Groups[1].Value }

In this command, (vscode.+) represents my query. This should be replaced with the duplicated credential you notice in your case. Once you've done this, the issue should be resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried all the suggestions but none worked and luckily stumbled across this solution which finally worked!: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/fix-licensing-error-205.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines