• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App installer disappears after "Initialising Installer" stage

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to reboot my laptop to its settings for 4 days ago, and ever since then I cannot seem to download CC app at all.

I don't even get an error message, the installer just disappears after the Initialising Installer stage.

I have tried using the uninstaller tool, but when I try to reinstall the same thing happens.

This is very frustrating. I did not expect to have to pay for the CS6 products and to not be able to download the software itself.

I pay monthly for this service and the more days I go unable to download the software seems frankly a waste of my money.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

For Windows :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Important :

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder.

Then try to install Creative Cloud desktop application.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt work. It just starts the download and then disappears. I have tried the cleaner tool and reboot the computer and nothing happens. I need the software for my work everyday, so this is a big problem for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jannemaki have you utilized the steps listed in Error: "Failed to install" | Creative Cloud Desktop to reinstall the Creative Cloud Desktop application?  If not please feel free to update this discussion regarding any of the listed steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only method that worked for me, thank you so much. I think my problem was that different previous settings and versions were confusing for the creative cloud installer and therefore it was disappearing and not opening every time after installation. 

Very grateful! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for others:

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails and you have windows, open your control panel > add/remove programs > cc desktop app > repair

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. Did you figure it out? Today I had to reboot my computer to a week or so ago. I try to download creative cloud and it just disappears. I have restarted my computer countless times. I am unable to download the cleaning tool because it won't let me progress with out a disk in the driver. Please help if you figured it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows :

Open C:drive and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Important :

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

Open Adobe folder and if present delete Adobe Creative Cloud folder.

Then try to install Creative Cloud desktop application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Brucgovn. That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about for Mac. I'm having the same issue after having to replace the hard drive in my MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grace,

just to confirm again , may I ask whether the installation bar progress and disappears in the middle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue on a mac. It disappears in the middle. Has anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank youooooouuuuuououoouoouuuuu!! So much!! I had been stumped for hours on this one. Thank you. Somethings seem so simple when explained but in reality, they aren't.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very happy to hear that . You are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to rectify this for ages and after running all the cleaner tools and deleting adobe application manager, i redownloaded it here Macintosh  and then when i reinstalled, it jumped to auto-update downloaded and installed CC desktop - finally have it working again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used this link, downloaded Adobe Applications Manager, and then reinstalled CC through the CC Installer. It worked! Thank you. I was sweating bullets for about an hour until I found this thread on the forum. Mucho Gracias!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are awesome, I was just sitting here, furious at the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2017 Dec 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont have anyOOBE files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines