• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App Reverted to Trial Licensing for Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC after installing June 2016 update

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2016 Jun 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers, call them Desktop and Laptop. I have an annual subscription to CC through April 2017. Both computers running current version of Windows 10.

1. On the Desktop, I had been working in Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC yesterday and everything was fine.

2. This morning after booting my Desktop (internet was and is available), I tried to open Lightroom and I got a sign in screen (I've never seen this screen). I clicked to go the next screen and it said I was signed on. Then it just continued to loop back to the sign in screen. (Same result when I tried to start Photoshop).

3. I opened the Create Cloud App (which is set to start and log in automatically). It said to upgrade Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC to the June 2016 release. After upgrading, the buttons next to these two app names said something like "Trial".

4. I can open both Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC but when I view Help/System Info, it says I have a trial license. (Both Lightroom and Photoshop indicate I am signed in - and thus should be aware of my license)

5. Things I did after Googling issue of CC licensing not working:

A. Restarted Desktop

B. In CC app, went to Preferences, logged out and logged in.

B. Checked the "My Account" info (takes me to Adobe website) were it confirms I have a current annual subscription.

C. Went through the steps in this Adobe article Stop Creative Cloud 2015 from reverting to trial mode. No change.

D. Went through the steps in this article: http://williambeem.com/how-to-fix-the-adobe-creative-cloud-login-error/ . No change

E. Tried to uninstall CC app (so I could reinstall CC app as noted in this article "Unknown Server Error" when logging in to Adobe Creative Cloud ) but I can't uninstall just the CC app (Windows says other apps are dependent on it). (Also killed all CC app processes in Task Manager to see if I could uninstall but this didn't work either).

6. After booting my laptop, my CC app updated both Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC and the licensing never reverted to "trial". I DO NOT run Lightoom/Photoshop simultaneously on the laptop and desktop so this isn't a licensing issue.

7. On the Adobe/ My Account site it indicates that both my Desktop and Laptop are licensed for the CC license.

8. On my Android phone, I am able to start Lightroom mobile and after signing in, it says I am licensed.

Thus, on my Desktop, I am left with likelihood that in 7 days my "Trial" versions of Lightoom and Photoshop will end and the apps will no longer work.

Has anyone run into this and found a workaround?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

I finally found something that worked:

First, my problems were caused by the new version of Creative Cloud app that automatically downloaded and installed.3.7.0.272. Adobe needs to fix this.

Quit all Adobe CC apps including Creative Cloud (Also launch Task Manager, find the CreativeCloud process and select "End Task"

On Windows 10, go to

C:\ProgramData\Adobe

Find the folder named "SLStore" and rename it "SLStore_old"

I then restarted Lightroom. It prompted me with the license screen and I entered

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2016 Jun 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this has happen to my organization as well under the enterprise license, very frustrating, especially since there is no simple fix.  It's such a shame Adobe allows something like this to happen.  Regardless, would very much appreciate someone is support offering a solution to prevent 5 labs from going into expiration during final projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2016 Jun 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ri_thompson i had a similar issue where I had a total new re-install of my mac so have been re-downloading the software, CC included. This may not apply to you ... worth a shot in case ... but what I realised is that I have 2 accounts with both Adobe and Creative cloud. So while I was logging in to Adobe site - with my email account no1 - and it was confirming that I indeed have a subscription account for CC, the Creative Cloud account was actually logged in with my 2nd account - not associated with my subscription - hence why it was showing up the trial options. Good luck.  If this doesn't answer your q, hope you find an answer soon.  Now I work out how to re-install my LR catalogue! DQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found something that worked:

First, my problems were caused by the new version of Creative Cloud app that automatically downloaded and installed.3.7.0.272. Adobe needs to fix this.

Quit all Adobe CC apps including Creative Cloud (Also launch Task Manager, find the CreativeCloud process and select "End Task"

On Windows 10, go to

C:\ProgramData\Adobe

Find the folder named "SLStore" and rename it "SLStore_old"

I then restarted Lightroom. It prompted me with the license screen and I entered my credentials (Email account and my Adobe  password). It validated those and Lightroom opened.I opened Photoshop and it validated because Lightroom had already gone through the process. I then opened Creative Cloud and for the first time in a week, it no longer said I had "trial" software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching the net and trying different suggested solutions that never worked, this one did it for me. Thanks very much for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2016 Jun 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same issue. Suddenly Illustrator and Lightroom are on trial whereas I'm part of a team account, I can see my team subscription is active in my account preferences but Creative Cloud seems not to see that ?

Anyways ... this solution didn't work for me, anyone has another one ? Please ?

I contacted the client services and had a chat with someone. They said they can't see my subscription and just ignored everything I sais afterwards telling me to say to the administrator to contact them and just logged out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's the message I got. After sometime spent with another people from the support team and a local call in France I got an answer: Since the latest updates of CC, there has been a problem with licenses on Windows (yeay!) … Adobe support told me it’s been worked on and they will soon fix this and I should continue using the trial version for the moment. So if anyone out there is experiencing the same we should hope for a fix some of these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to information from tech support the problem is known, is temporary and affects only CC team users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... Today I had to reinstall a pc and now -> "no subscription were found or provisioned for this user"

In german: "kein Abonnement gefunden"

The tech support told me that they know there is a problem and I shoult try it again tomorow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem has been fixed and all my applications are back to normal since this morning. Thanks Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to use the Adobe CC removal tool (removing only the CC app) and re-install. All is good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solved my problem, too. I was searching everywhere and trying the same solutions mentioned in the original post. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. My. Effing. God. Thank you. I've been trying for 2 days to get this thing back working.

I've never had a problem with Adobe until 2 days ago.

I didn't everything their website told me to do. Uninstall, cleaners, shut downs, delete this, delete that. And you had the damn answer. Thank you sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with an enterprise license working at the office but not on my home computer. I tried to find an easy fix and was stuck on a support chat for over an hour. I should have followed up instincts right away to save time.

This is what worked for me:

• shut down all of the services,
  • uninstall with the Adobe Cloud uninstaller,
  • deleted all “Adobe” program and settings folders on the hard drive:
    • C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Adobe (Delete OOBE)
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe (Delete SLCache)
    • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (Delete any entries in the hosts file)
    • Any other Adobe folders hiding out
  • rebooted,
  • and reinstalled Adobe Cloud from scratch.

Eveyrthing worked for me after these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  This solution worked for CC 2018.  The latest update (Dec 2017) made InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator all revert back to trials.  I tried signing out, uninstalling, but nothing else was working.

I am on a Mac (OSX 10.13.1 High Sierra) so had to do a little extra digging to find the SL folder.  For anyone else with the problem on a Macintosh, here is the path:

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > SL Store

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same on mac, renamed SLStore folder, but application isn't opening now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just posted a very similar issue! Have downloaded this to study..fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines