• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App shows update available when there is no update.

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows 10 64bit and creative cloud 5.7.1.1

At least once a week i get notifications in the creative cloud app that there is an update for the creative cloud app. I click it and it updates. Then i go check the version number and it is still the same 5.7.1.1. I also go check the release note to see if there is a new version and there is no new version

Why does the creative cloud app keeps saying there is an update for the app but no update really exsists?

The next time i see the blue update box i will screenshot it.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digtalcoffee, do you receive the error about the update after running any maintenance tasks?  Maybe something like a weekly system clean-up or anti-virus/malware sweep?  How do you resolve the update notification?  Finally, what specific build of Windows 10 64-bit is installed on the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No errors from any maintenance tasks.

Early on I would just update the creative cloud app but lately I just ignore it if I see the update notification after I check to be sure a new version wasn't released.

Windows 10 pro 21H2 OS Build 19044.1706

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Digitalcoffee.  The behavior you described typically occurs because something is damaging or reverting one or more components of the Creative Cloud desktop application.

For your next steps, apply any additional Windows 10 updates; you can use the information at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/release-information for details on what builds of Windows 10 are appropriate for the computer.  I would also recommend verifying that any installed security and utility software is up to date and using the manufacturer's recommended settings.

If the behavior continues, then you may need to get a bit more aggressive in your search, Digitalcoffee.  Try temporarily disabling any third-party utilities, and/or keep an eye on the task manager to see any patterns in the processes occurring before you are prompted to update the Creative Cloud desktop app.

Finally, please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html which provides details on the release version of the Creative Cloud desktop app and any updates or changes that were implemented in each release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pc is up to date... I am not going to instal any Cumulative Update Preview KB5014023.

The only security software on the pc is Spectrm Security Suite which uses F-Secure.

Thank you for the link to the cc release notes... I already had that bookmarked.

Another note on the update... when I do let it update I have checked the files to see if any thing had a new modified date but none of them do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the update window today (see attached image) right after I restarted from windows 10 installing KB5013887 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10.

Is the creative cloud app built on .NET Framework?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Digitalcoffee, thanks for your question; the .Net Framework is a Windows operating system component.  The Creative Cloud desktop app could utilize it, but in the same way as any application may make calls on the .Net Framework library.

I found some information on Microsoft's .Net Framework at https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/platform/support/policy/dotnet-framework if you have additional questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved that by turning Notifications off in CC Desktop App. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines