Copy link to clipboard
The Creative Cloud desktop app instantly crashes when I launch it. This started occurring after the 22.214.171.1247 update. The first time it crashed, error reporter opened saying "Sorry, an error occurred. Creative Cloud has encountered a problem and needs to close". After subsequent launches, the error reporter no longer opens and the app continues to crash instantly on launch. I've tried re-installing it several times. When I download the Creative Cloud desktop app from the website, it downloads version 126.96.36.199, which launches fine, however the app doesn't let me do anything unless I update it. After I let it update, the desktop app crashes instantly when it launches.
None of the above have worked.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit) Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.20 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB
Memory: 32 GB
Copy link to clipboard
Have you checked Event Viewer?
Thank you for the response. I tried re-installing the desktop app again today before checking Event Viewer, and could not find any logs from opening the application. However, I was able to find a log from a few days ago when this error started occuring, and it read as follows:
Faulting application name: Creative Cloud.exe, version: 188.8.131.527, time stamp: 0x62528393 Faulting module name: vulkan-1.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x615e3a26 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0000000000010d5b Faulting process ID: 0x1d0c Faulting application start time: 0x01d850c9580d64bb Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\CEF\vulkan-1.dll Report ID: c83c21b3-d8fe-453b-87a1-3a893f328452 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:
I have not been able to find any information about this specific error online, although it seems that others have experienced similar problems in the past with reference to different .dll files with different Adobe products.
I looked to the file mentioned in the log that was faulting, and it seemed odd to me that it was named vulkan-1.dll. I re-named the file to vulkan.dll, and it seems to have fixed the issue.
I was about to go crazy and this vulkan.dll thing fixed the issue, thank you so much!!!!!
Many thanks for reporting this error. I was struggling to get Creative Cloud working and your discovery of the vulkan-1.dll problem fixed the issue for me as well. Thanks so much!!!!!
Same 👌 thank you king