• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud desktop app won't install

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launched my cc desktop app to use typekit, it wanted me to update. The update failed error 1001. I wasn't able to use it, so I uninstalled and then installed again with no luck. It initializes the installer and starts the download for the desktop app, but then disappears. I have used the cc cleaner, but all that did was remove my photoshop! Help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

I had no luck with any of the above mentioned. I was able to chat with Adobe and the remotely installed an update Applications Manager and that solved the problem. I would highly recommend trying to update your App manager and chatting with Adobe. They were super.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including the cc desktop app.
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done all this and it still stops about a 1/4 of the way into downloading the creative cloud and disappears... thoughts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have a problem downloading the cc desktop app or installing the cc desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the cc desktop app.  I get the "initializing installer" then it switches to "Downloading Creative Cloud Desktop." The progress bar moves a little bit, stops then that window dissapears...no error message...nothing.  I backed up all the CC programs, and uninstalled them, ran cleaner, and the problem remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if win os, right click the installer and click 'run as administrator'.

if mac or that fails, using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. Installer states "Downloading Creative Cloud Desktop." and then poof...exits. Installer runs as administrator, so this is not an apparent access issue. I'm running Mac OS X 101.10.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up trying to find a solution that works from the Adobe forums, and

other places.  Lots of ideas, but nothing solved the problem.  I¹ve seen a

lot of digs towards Adobe Customer Service, but my one experience was great.

I called in, four minutes on hold, then Dev got me fully operational in just

under thirty minutes.  I¹m back on the Cloud now.  I¹m all for trying to

find the solution on your own (you might learn something else), but at some

point, you just got to take a shot at calling in for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had the same problem, but instead of the installation just closing I got a error 205.

My solution was to install TunnelBear and try to install using a VPN connection. All the support from Adobe does is make the problem about your connection, even when multiple users report the same issues, Adobe still refuses to provide an alternative download method. But hey! You are only paying top dollar for this amazing support, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After running the cleaner tool and the uninstaller tool it still wouldn't work. Ensure that you have Read/Write permission to access the ~/Library/Adobe folder and the /Library/Adobe folder. Just got off the phone with tech support and remote session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no luck with any of the above mentioned. I was able to chat with Adobe and the remotely installed an update Applications Manager and that solved the problem. I would highly recommend trying to update your App manager and chatting with Adobe. They were super.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do you chat to adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines