• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud desktop failed to install

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times to download and install the creative cloud desktop. It fails every time with this message "We've encountered the following issues: Creative cloud desktop failed to install." The application manager 7.0 also fails to install. I am using windows 7. Can anyone assist with this problem?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mialisa57,

Could you please follow these steps and let us know if it helps you.

Please download and run Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

How and when to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool | Advanced steps

Run Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and choose option 3 and then option 1 to complete the cleaning process.

Once done please rename OOBE Folder from these locations

Windows :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

C:\Users\(UserName)\AppData\Local\Adobe

Go to creative.adobe.com -> Download Center -> Download Creative Cloud

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by OOBE Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you navigate to the location mentioned above you will see OOBE folder. You need to rename it to OOBE.old

regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully installed the creative cloud desktop app a few days later. I have been able to also download several of the cc apps. I haven't used the cleaner tool to this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you OOBE.old worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didnt help me either but i renamed the folders to obe, does it have to be OOBE.Old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gleeeniiss if the solutions in the discussions you are viewing are not solving your issue then I would recommend you start a new discussion with your specifics in the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum - http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup/creative_cloud_faq.  You are also welcome to contact our support team to work with them directly at Welcome to Adobe Customer Care! Need help?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw that these directions failed to help many users.  I found another thread that indicated shutting down adobe processes running the background could help.  I found an acrobat tray process running and a couple of flash processes (closing browser turned these off).  So after closing the browser and killing the acrobat tray process, I was able to succesfully updated.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oxprather

Your solution (killing the background acrotray process) resolved my issue with the CC update as well. Thank you for the heads-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this too.  However, It did not fix my problem with the "creative cloud desktop update failed to install."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DesertTalk did you try the solution offered by Abhijit in message #1?  Or are you referring to closing the Acrotray process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should update the "Failed to install" error message to something useful. Perhaps pointing to this article? Also there should be an update coming for AcrobatReader/Acrotray fixing this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Task Manager to kill ArcoTray.exe fixed my problem as well -- no other steps required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Killing the acrobat tray process, made it for for me too.
Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Just killing the Acrotray process worked for me. Haven't tried the cleaner, as it was easier to try this first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oxprather,

You are a life saver. I was going to follow Adobe's multi-step process that included uninstalling their software and renaming directories and it all seemed so drastic and time-consuming so I tried turning processes off as you suggested and bingo!  The update installed successfully.  Minimal work.  Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have still not found out where is the acrobat tray pls help as soon as you can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2013 Jul 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, after following some other tips & coming back to yours, this finally worked (I'm on Windows7 SP1).

I renamed the following folders to *_OLD:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe\AdobePatchFiles

C:\Users\(Me)\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud

(There are 2 other 'AdobePatchFiles' that I didn't rename:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe\AdobePatchFiles

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe\AdobePatchFiles)

I didn't uninstall CC or AppManager from Programs because they weren't there!

Ran CC Cleaner between 2 reboots then CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe & it finally worked.

Now to try & recoup a lost weekend's urgent work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spamhunter:

Your solution was the only thing that worked for me, thank you! I spent an hour with Adobe customer service at the very end of it they couldn't figure it out and gave up!!! Ridiculous! But your solution worked, you should be commended and paid for your service!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spamhunter escreveu:

Thanks, after following some other tips & coming back to yours, this finally worked (I'm on Windows7 SP1).

I renamed the following folders to *_OLD:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe\AdobePatchFiles

C:\Users\(Me)\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud

(There are 2 other 'AdobePatchFiles' that I didn't rename:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe\AdobePatchFiles

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe\AdobePatchFiles)

I didn't uninstall CC or AppManager from Programs because they weren't there!

Ran CC Cleaner between 2 reboots then CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe & it finally worked.

Now to try & recoup a lost weekend's urgent work.

Two years later and on every update to Creative Cloud, I need to follow this tip from Spamhunter.

Every time appears a new version, I try to install but the message "Error Code: 201" appears. My connection is via cable, stable, stable Internet too, constant speed of 120 MB. It is the only software that gives me trouble installing.
There I go then repeat the procedure.

Again.
Thank Spamhunter by describing the way to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhijit,

I followed your instructions and the issue was resolve for me - at first. 

However after a few weeks, Adobe puts out a new compulsory update (i.e. the Creative Cloud manager app only gives you the option to update or quit) and the same problem occurs.

So it seems that Adobe needs to come up with a higher level solution.  Do you know if that is something Adobe is aware of? 

cheers,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in, this has been happening to me from the start. A virgin win7 install, with Creative Cloud installed with no prior installs. Original installation went without a hitch, but every time adobe creative cloud attempts to update it crashes out with a 'failed to install', deletes the icon and program from my computer, and fails to give any useful information on what is going on.

So far I've had to redownload the creative cloud installer from the net every time, and reinstall it (which works fine). This is the 10th time or so I've had to do this, and it is getting frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks.  It seems this is a substantial problem.  Can we get some kind of feedback from Adobe that this is being looked into - not just piecemealfixes, but the underlying problem?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this problem, too.  Killing processes on my Win 7/64 Professional doesn't solve the problem.  I did discover that booting in safe mode (press the F8 key when windows is starting), uinstalling and reinstalling seemed to work... that is until a day or two later when Adobe requires a mandatory update to the "Adobe Creative Cloud" app.

The worst thing is I can't really tell if it really needs updating or not. The "app gives no version number information when running and no indication what the "new version" is.  In my "Programs and Features" it lists Adobe Creative Cloud as version 2.1.1.220 and I installed it YESTERDAY. Today it claimed there was a  newer version, and proceeded to install/fail. 

The main thing that's different is I was recently accepted into the Type Kit computer fonts beta.  HELP... how do I get out 'cause that's when the pain started on a daily basis.

Adobe products often require "Administrative Access" the ONLY products I use that seem to need that kind of permission.

I suspect that whatever "Creative Cloud App" exist on the main download site is in fact down-level.  I noticed that right after had I installed Photoshop CC on my computer (a new different machine from the one I'm having the pain on), it told me there were beacoup updates required.  Cost me the better part of 4 hours while it thrashed my sluggish internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines