• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud desktop failed to install

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times to download and install the creative cloud desktop. It fails every time with this message "We've encountered the following issues: Creative cloud desktop failed to install." The application manager 7.0 also fails to install. I am using windows 7. Can anyone assist with this problem?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't know if this means the underying problem is solved or not but...

There was just a new creative cloud program update pushed, and I decided to give it a go just like the last ten times it failed to install.

This time however, imagine my surprise as it worked correctly and updated the app instead of uninstalling it. I'll wait to throw a party until I see it do it without breaking again, but this is a good start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG you're right!  it appears they have fixed it.  the latest update installed fine for me. 

let's hope it stays that way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the new installer is a lot smaller and is numbered 2.1.2.232.... but since the prior one didn't UNINSTALL properly I still resorted to SAFE mode to remove it's ugly carcass.  For good measure, I also did this:  Can't download Creative Cloud app.

Feel sorry for Jeff A Wright - 13,000+ posts from that guy!

I'm a bit amused that the "poll" from my last visit asked a question like "I am aware that I don't have to be connected to the internet to use my applications"...  When the installer FORCEFULLY upgrades or quits and then fails to load... well guess what... it turns out you DO have to be connected to the internet or you can't load, update, or authorize the software.  I suppose if you're NOT connected to the internet, the update won't know that it's old and become a high-speed train wreck.

I'm also amused that Adobe says "you get to choose when and what to update"... uhm, except for the installer - the root of the whole process. That you have zero choice over.

Fingers crossed that today's install survives the required reboot and at least runs for a few days without blowing chunks.

Message was edited by: NightSkyGuy - added latest installer version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aw man, I thought I was the only one with this problem! CC updated quite a few times already, and everytime I click the option to update it, it would fail, and my CC icon is lost. I have to uninstall my CC, CC clean it and then download and reinstall the program.

Encouraged by the latest response thought, hopefully this latest updated fixed this issue too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent HOURS a few months ago to get the creative cloud to download onto my computer. Now there is an update and i get the same error again. To run the cleaner tool it say i have to unistall everything and re-install it again. This can't be right. Am i going to have to uninstall and re-install everything for every update?!  Please tell me there is an easier way. I dont have DAYS to waste on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this on Windows 7. Rename the OOBE file as mentioned. Then use the native Windows tool to remove the application Creative Cloud Desktop (took 2 tries). I tried the Adobe Removal Tool. Errors every time. This worked for me.

Step 1 (from:Tejodhar_A)  - Rename the OOBE Folder from the different Locations of Your Windows Computer

Windows: Go to Start - Computer >    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

OR

[System drive]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE   (Rename it to OOBE_OLD)

* Note : AppData Folder is an Hiden Folder (Check Folder Options - Show Hidden Files and Folders )

Step 2 - Start; Control Pannel; Uninstall a program; select the Creative Cloud Desktop Manager. May need to try more than once.

Step 3 - Download and install. It ran the updates fine after I completed these steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me (Also killed the AcroTray.exe first)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Thank you so much Abhijit I've been fighting this for days.  These steps fixed error code: 1  on my Windows 7 64bit Ultimate machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bro! it worked for me,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been building a new system and was forced to restore to a point that was pretty much the equivalent of factory reset but it doesn't delete the existing files.  So, thank you for the link to the CC Cleaner Tool.  I followed the instructions in that link, and deleted EVERYTHING!  (I had no data to worry about because all of my project files are on other drives).

That is all I needed to do and it worked!

Abhijit Kr. wrote:

Hi mialisa57,

Could you please follow these steps and let us know if it helps you.

Please download and run Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

How and when to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool | Advanced steps

Run Creative Cloud Cleaner tool and choose option 3 and then option 1 to complete the cleaning process.

Once done please rename OOBE Folder from these locations

Windows :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

C:\Users\(UserName)\AppData\Local\Adobe

Go to creative.adobe.com -> Download Center -> Download Creative Cloud

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on MAC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I uninstall all of the Creative Cloud applications?

I need to restart all of this - I am dead in the water with any projects

that were opened on CC applications. Files claim to be corrupted when I try

to open.

So. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in Windows and used the Add/Uninstall Programs feature.

I highly recommend using Chat and getting specific help from Adobe Support.  For me something was corrupted and each time, Support had me clear certain files and folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find the files to rename - but the steps prior it seemed to be enough!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That OOBE rename did it for me! Thank you. Did not find any application data - that's a bit disturbing, but at least this solution worked and now I can try the cloud! Thank you. I'll mark my other post as resolved. YAY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhijit thanks for the advice it helped me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2015 Feb 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!! It worked well for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

after, when i discovered the "new name" to change I succeed (after half day)

THANKSSSS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried just about everything everyone else said on this thread and Adobe CC Cleaner was the only thing that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the process kill method works best Simple fix for “Creative cloud desktop failed to install” error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same probs. Here are the errors from the Removal Tool at the top:

[Thu Aug 29 16:39:15 2013] *-*-*-*-*-*-* ::START:: - SUMMARY OF ERRORS *-*-*-*-*-*-*

[Thu Aug 29 16:39:15 2013] ERROR: while removing C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSync\customhook: [Error 145] The directory is not empty: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\Adobe Creative Cloud\\CoreSync\\customhook'

[Thu Aug 29 16:39:15 2013] ERROR: while removing C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSync: [Error 145] The directory is not empty: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\Adobe Creative Cloud\\CoreSync'

[Thu Aug 29 16:39:15 2013] ERROR: while removing C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud: [Error 145] The directory is not empty: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\Adobe Creative Cloud'

[Thu Aug 29 16:39:15 2013] *-*-*-*-*-*-* :: END :: - SUMMARY OF ERRORS *-*-*-*-*-*-*

[Thu Aug 29 16:39:15 2013] ---------------------------------------------------------

[Thu Aug 29 16:39:15 2013] *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=* :: End Session :: *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

[Thu Aug 29 16:39:15 2013] ---------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bạn nên tắt hết tất cả các chương trình adobe chạy ẩn bằng cách vào windows task manager / application/ end task.

Rồi tiến hành update Adobe Creative Cloud

chúc bạn thành công !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some specific reason why this discussion:

a) Switched to old attempted fixes that have already been mentioned
b) Switched to Vietnamese

Out of the two I find the second the most confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also encountered this error, but closing all browsers, then restarting a clean session and signing in seems to be working so far.  In case this helps anyone else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines