• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud desktop failed to install

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several times to download and install the creative cloud desktop. It fails every time with this message "We've encountered the following issues: Creative cloud desktop failed to install." The application manager 7.0 also fails to install. I am using windows 7. Can anyone assist with this problem?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2014-02-18 12_00_48-.png

Here we go again. Every time there is an upgrade it fails on my Windows 7 64-bit machine.  Adobe, do you care?  Apparently not. Resorting to "Safe mode" uninstall / reinstall AGAIN.

Res

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Res please see Error "Failed to Install" Creative Cloud Desktop application - Resolve installation failure | Creative Cloud desktop app which discusses how to resolve this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

The steps listed are WAY overkill.  The first time I had the failure I went through all that and guess what: it didn't help... colossal waste of time.

In this case I rebooted my machine, waited for all start up nonsense to quiesce and it, surprise, uninstalled successfully from Control Panel -> Program Manager.  Since I had already DOWNLOADED the new version, I didn't have to open a browser. I Installed (not a reinstall) from the downloaded desktop client. It took a LONG time as it always seems to but it also (shockingly) worked without having to resort to SAFE mode in windows.  SAFE Mode was the only reliable way I found after about 5 PRIOR failing upgrades.

Once it came back to life, of course I have to "accept terms" - have no idea in those hundreds of pages what, if anything has changed.

Then I noticed there were updates for Photoshop CC and After Effects.  I clicked both of the "UPDATE" buttons. It claimed Photoshop CC update completed but that After Effects failed.  Today I see both "Update" buttons are still there including one for Photoshop CC which "you updated 1 day ago" according to the app.

In short, the app reinstall seems to have worked after minor herculean effort, but its questionable if the app is working. For example the "Manage Fonts" button doesn't seem to do anything, though the "Browse Fonts" button does open a browser window.

In my world where time is something I value, this App is a huge time waster.  Oh, and it's also clearly a departure from the verbiage that claims we can "update when we want". The choices with the Creative Cloud app are "Yes" or "Give up and go home".

One thing is clear: this "Creative Cloud" app is very fragile, and prone to failure. I have yet to be able to "upgrade" that app successfully even once. I avoid starting it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same old cr@p here too - Creative Cloud Desktop failed to install

I am a struggling artist with an extremely poor income and I pay what I consider to be shedloads of money each month for this rubbish.

FIX IT ADOBE, or I'm off to more dodgy ways of obtaining your software!

(OK, I won't, because I am too chicken to do so, but it does make me wonder why I pay good money for no support...?)

This problem has been going on for months. This is the third time I have had to clear off EVERYTHING Adobe-related just to get stuff to work. This latest screw-up is on a totally new machine, with a clean install of everything.

This is not what I would expect considering the cost of the Adobe subscription, or is it...?

I may just go back to using GIMP and my last version of PS Elements (10).

Sorry for the rant. Normally I wouldn't, but the lack of a permanent fix from Adobe has forced me into it. Hopefully a web-search by others will bring people to this page.

I'm going to do what NightSkyGuy has done - and disable it.

EDIT:

Just tried to use The Adobe Cleaner thingy - and it completed WITH ERRORS.

This does not make me feel confident...

Please confirm that you want to remove the selected product from Installer Database .

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:34 2014] Type (y) to confirm and remove or (n) to quit ... >>

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Please wait for Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to finish........

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] OSVersion : 64-bit

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Deleting registry root:HKLM key:Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run value:Adobe Creative Cloud

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Deleting registry root:HKLM key:Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run value:AdobeCEPServiceManager

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Exception during deleting key : (2, 'RegDeleteValue', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Deleting registry root:HKLM key:Software\Wow6432Node\Adobe\CSXS.4 value:SmsManifestBaseURL

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Deleting registry root:HKLM key:Software\Wow6432Node\Adobe\CSXS.4 value:SmsUpdateCheckInterval

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Deleting registry root:HKLM key:Software\Wow6432Node\Adobe\CSXS.4 value:LogLevel

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Deleting registry root:HKLM key:Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Creative Cloud

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Deleting registry root:HKCR key:AAM

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Deleting registry root:HKCR key:AdobeAAMDetect.AdobeAAMDetect

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Deleting registry root:HKCR key:AdobeAAMDetect.AdobeAAMDetect.1

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Exception during deleting key : (2, 'RegDeleteTree', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:40 2014] Deleting registry root:HKCR key:AdobeAAMDetect.AdobeAAMDetect.2

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] ERROR: while removing C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncV1\CoreSync_x64.dll: [Error 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\Adobe Creative Cloud\\CoreSyncV1\\CoreSync_x64.dll'

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] ERROR: while removing C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncV1\CoreSync_x64.dll: [Error 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\Adobe Creative Cloud\\CoreSyncV1\\CoreSync_x64.dll'

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] ERROR: while removing C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncV1: [Error 145] The directory is not empty: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\Adobe Creative Cloud\\CoreSyncV1'

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] ERROR: while removing C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSyncV1: [Error 145] The directory is not empty: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\Adobe Creative Cloud\\CoreSyncV1'

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] ERROR: while removing C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud: [Error 145] The directory is not empty: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\Adobe Creative Cloud'

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] ERROR: while removing C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud: [Error 145] The directory is not empty: 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\Adobe Creative Cloud'

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] Some files could not be cleaned up. Please try closing your internet/web browser, and rerun the Cleaner Tool to complete your clean-up.

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] Action : Created the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\backup20140220T151223 folder as backup of PDB and MediaDB for this session.

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] LOG FILE SAVED TO: C:\Users\Susi\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.log

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool completed with ERRORS!

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] Check the end of the log file for list of errors

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014]

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] *-*-*-*-*-*-* ::START:: - SUMMARY OF ERRORS *-*-*-*-*-*-*

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] *-*-*-*-*-*-* :: END :: - SUMMARY OF ERRORS *-*-*-*-*-*-*

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] ---------------------------------------------------------

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=* :: End Session :: *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

[Thu Feb 20 15:12:43 2014] ---------------------------------------------------------

Message was edited by: SusiBiker2 Results of running Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool

2nd EDIT:

The desktop CC App installed, but as you might expect, it decided that no programs were installed.

AdobeCr@p07.PNG

Message was edited by: SusiBiker2

Selecting my applications is causing them to be downloaded AGAIN and reinstalled!

Over a 1Mbps ADSL line - this is only going to take a few days!

This is just so much fun...

Lazy programming: Just fix the damn thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SusiBiker2 wrote:

Same old cr@p here too - Creative Cloud Desktop failed to install

Can't update the apps

FIX IT ADOBE

This latest screw-up is on a totally new machine, with a clean install of everything.

Sorry for the rant. Normally I wouldn't, but the lack of a permanent fix from Adobe has forced me into it. Hopefully a web-search by others will bring people to this page.

I'm going to do what NightSkyGuy has done - and disable it.

Well, if the font and cloud services of the Creative Cloud Desktop manager aren't essential to you right now, you can actually download and maintain all the CC apps without using it...

How?  For starters, to install any Adobe CC tool yourself (if you don't already have it), you can use the CC Direct Download Links.  That puts the full base release on your computer (the free trial version), which is activated by signing in with your membership when you start up the tool itself.

Then to update it (or any existing installation) with ongoing software upgrades, you can use the CC update patches (regularly maintained):

All CC Updates for Windows

All CC Updates for Mac OS

The one disadvantage is you have to manually manage the files and installations, as used to be the case (the old-fashioned way)...  But if no other options are working or easily available to you, then there is a workable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename OOBE folder with OOBEOLD ( c:/program files(x86)/common files/Adobe/OOBE folder )

Run the Adobe cleaner ( Adobe_Creative_Cloud_Cleaner_Tool.zip )

Remove Adobe application Manager/Adobe creative cloud .

Restart the computer and redownload Adobe Creative cloud and install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. After some frustrating hours and loosing the creative cloud I discovered this worked too. rename the folder .old, restart computer, download .dmg and sign in. I will be checking here on this discussion if I run into any other issues. Thank you, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem while trying to install Creative Clouds on windows 7.

I simply fixed this by changing my firewalls settings to give this program super - trusted access. (I was using zone alam switching to trusted tab didnt work had to switch it to supe trusted).

I assume for most of you if you have a firewall and you're encountering this problem also. Then you can try to fix it by giving the program more access on your firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2014 May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple fix, ignore everything everybody else said. Go to your C:\, that is typically your computer drive. Then navigate to the \Program Files (x86)\ folder. Then find the \Adobe\ folder. Inside the Adobe folder, delete any folders that say creative cloud or CC. Then you should be able to install the program successfully. Worked on the first try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you noted, tyhudson, 99% of the "help" being provided by Adobe and others is about 1% effective.

Restarting my Windows 7 computer in Safe Mode (f8 key while booting) has been 100% effective at uninstalling and reinstalling Creative Cloud Desktop. However, I have to do this EVERY time there is an update.  I'll try ty's deletion strategy next time and let you know if it worked.

The latest wrinkle is that after I re-installed Creative Cloud Desktop, it doesn't think I have Lightroom 5 installed. My guess is that CCD is Adobe's number-one animosity creation tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! THAT WORKS. Just searched "adobe" and sent to trash all folders with "adobe manager" "adobe creative cloud" or similar. Everything but all the old versions of Ai, Ps, Lr, etc that you may want to keep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, this makes me sad, already lost a day of work, logging the process for people in the same situation.

Try 1:

Shutting down all Adobe processes, try again- No Success

Turned Kaspersky Anti-Banner - No  Success

Try 2:
Downloaded Adobe Cleaner, cleaned up Masters Edition, hoping there was a conflict (I have both on my machine). -No Success

Try 3:

Trying the staff posted method, noticed there is no second folder to rename under my user name, ignored that step.. noticed there is no clearly marked download center for CC itself on the CC page.
Here is a link you can't find it easily from the site. Creative Cloud 2.8
During installation of CC, Reminiscing about the time Adobe let my password out.  - Success!

Very much hoping I do not have to do this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had found this thread sooner to save some time.

Anyway, I solved it on my own and thought I'd add my solution. I uninstalled the CC Desktop App then used the Adobe Application Manager to reinstall with no troubles (after trying many other suggestions for hours). It should automatically reinstall the Desktop App.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2015 Feb 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Thank you for posting your question. I understand that you’re receiving Windows Installer error during installation of a program.

Let me tell you there are various causes to look after. I’ll try my best to explain each and every possibility that lead this error.

You may have to verify security permissions of Program Files (x86) and Program Files folders. Make sure administrative privileges are provided to these folders- located in system drive, usually drive C:\.

1. Open Computer -> C:\
  2. Right click Program Files (x86) folder, select Properties.
  3. This opens up Folder Properties dialog box. Click Security tab.
  4. Click Edit button, provide read/ write permissions and then click OK.
  5. Do the same for “Program Files” folder in the same location.

A setup program sometimes require short file name creation. The problem arises when your Registry settings determine this feature is disabled. Modify your computer’s Registry very carefully and set NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation=0 (Remember, 0 indicates this feature will not be disabled). Here is guide on modifying this string located in root Local Machine sub key.

Another possibility, a service named Windows Installer has been stopped. In this case, the program installation fails with an error. Restart the service using Windows Service Management tool, i.e. Services.msc

Thanks and Regards,

Jhon Kerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is 2 years old and Adobe still hasn't figured out a permanent fix for this?  Jesus christ, how hard is it to hire competent programmers Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines