• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Disc Image Does Not Mount to Open Installer Window

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can download the various Creative Cloud app disc images from the Adobe Server. When I double click on the disc image icon or open it with Disc Image Mounter it does the opening animation and then nothing happens. No installer window, no error message. I have gone into Security and Privacy and selected "Allow apps from App Store and identified developers". I recently upgraded to 12.0.1 Monterey to be able to install these apps on my 2014 Mac Mini. TIA for your help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install the cc desktop app from here https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud and use it to install your adobe subscription and trial programs.

if you have trouble downloading, use the alternative download site at page bottom here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad-

Thank you for your response. The CC Installer also appears on my desktop as a DMG disc image. Double clicking on the disc image icon initiates the 'zoom' opening animation for the icon but then does not open an installer window or display an error message. Basically the same as each of the individual CC apps. I have gone into Security and Privacy and selected "Allow apps from App Store and identified developers" and then restarted my computer. This is starting to seem more like an Apple issue than an Adobe issue. I've read about known issues with 12.0.1 Monterey upgrades and refusing to mount disc images is not listed. I appreciate any assistance here. I am also going to pursue the Apple side of this situation and see if I can get any resoulution there. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally, through some reading online and my own floundering, I found a solution to this issue. Another Mac user mentioned running Disc Utility to check a disc image for errors. So I decided to try that. I launched Disc Utility and under File was a command "Open Disc Image". I selected the .dmg for the Creative Cloud Installer and when it opened a hard drive icon appeared on the desktop. I double clicked on the hard drive icon and the installer prompt window opened. Everything was normal from here on. The key to opening the unresponsive.dmg was opening it with Disc Utility. Problem solved. I hope that  this workaround is of use to someone in the future. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines