• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud fails to find older version of Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version of Photoshop I installed was 2017.

I had tried deleting and reinstalling Creative Cloud and Photoshop. Still didn't work unfortunately.

Any solution?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do you care if the cc app recognizes your cc 2017 installation?  eg, can you open it beyond the trial period?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's currently on trial period and can be opened. But I already subscribed to the plan and somehow it does not recognize the older version.

I worried that if the trial ended and the Photoshop will just be stuck at verifying licence once I open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start here - https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

if that fails, proceed to these steps - https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/resolve-trial-and-license-expired-errors.html

if that fails, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html

if those all fail, change your cc language.  eg, try international english

if that fails, change the install location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS do you have? 

I ask because older PS 2017 might not be compatible with newer flavors which would preclude you from accessing it.

Modern macOS ( Catalina  - Ventura) only work with modern versions of PS CC.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

trials don't support older versions, just current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can still use old versions of Photoshop if you need to. Many photographers and graphic designers continue to use older versions of Photoshop because they're familiar with the interface and features. And while some new features may not be available, you can still do a lot with older versions of Photoshop MyFortiva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines